JJ vs. 4 bet

I

Ilyrium

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently had my first jj meet a 4-bet. 3-bet the pot (sorry no hand history) against against a larger stack (about 1.5x). In a tourney early i'm taking this 100% of the time, but i'm not sure how to play in a cash game. Bare minumim i figure he has an aa/aj and i'm not sure how to play this. Opinions?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Level NL?, 6 max / 9 max, zoom/regular, positions villain/hero, site you play.

J

Johnrickard123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Need a bit more infomation, but I'm mucking JJ against a 4 bet if i've just sat down and know nothing about the opponent. You're dominated by plenty of 4-bet hands, and can be outdrawn by so many others.

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the info given, I too fold to a 4-bet. I'm not even sure I 3-bet it.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ can be a tricky hand against a 4bet, as vs some it is an easy call, and vs some its an easy fold. And vs some who you'd normally fold to, you have to call due to odds/situation.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is also a game of choice.
What do you want at the moment?
You can go all in and risk without your opponent's history, or just pay to understand a little of what your opponent wants.
Folding in this case would make no sense.

Good luck!

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need more information about your hand. JJ is really tricky hand against 4bet. Everything depending on the player and the your situation on a table, sometimes maybe your getting 4bet against AK, so u can push him all in sometimes someone wanna trap you. You need to follow the position and the player that is raising against you, if hes some tight player is easy fold if he's and donkey/wild you can push him all in. But everything depends on the position, player and stack. So good luck.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bare minumim i figure he has an aa/aj and i'm not sure how to play this. Opinions?

Way too information deficient for a definitive answer. About the only thing I can say is your bets bet is to muck against unknowns/nits. They never show up here with less than kings and aces. At best, you're flipping against Big Slick.

If you know more about the 4!-er, then there's something to think about.

IamVALHALLA

IamVALHALLA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't even 3-bet JJ, try to see a flop and if you flop a set you're in business (even more fun if villain holds AJ). Would almost certainly fold to that 4-bet though, Jacks are only strong in 3s.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always answer those questions the same! How long did you spend with your opponent at the poker table? You didn't write any notes on him? If your question at least describe the style of this player? secret, aggressive or Limper? Without this data it is impossible to give you advice!