JJ in CO vs 2 limpers and a raiser

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Limit $5-$10 ring game full table. Stacks are $1500. Called with JJs vs late position raiser of 2 BBs. Heads up. Flop is A 9, 7. Raiser bets half the pot and Hero calls. Turn is J and villain checks. Half pot bet and villain calls. River is a T and villain bets half pot. Hero raises and villain reraises. Fold or call?

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, but why not 3bet pre flop to get the lead and maybe win on the flop?

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is the worst river.
As played it makes more sense to call his donk bet on the river, because by raising you are mostly paying off the range that beats you.
After his reraise on the river I doubt he is ever bluffing and you can convince yourself to call if villain would overvalue a two pair or set, but that's a very specific type of player, so just fold.
Also consider betting bigger than half pot on the turn.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is the worst river.
As played it makes more sense to call his donk bet on the river, because by raising you are mostly paying off the range that beats you.
After his reraise on the river I doubt he is ever bluffing and you can convince yourself to call if villain would overvalue a two pair or set, but that's a very specific type of player, so just fold.
Also consider betting bigger than half pot on the turn.

I rejected making a pot-sized turn bet because I didn't want to lose my market. I knew he was drawing but he sucked out and I should've made a crying call on the river.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given stack depth, I think he has to give you credit for some top two pair combinations which makes his 3ber river range quite narrow.

I would have called the river to see I am beat most of the time.