J J

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would you like to have pair of J several times in a match? what do you do when having pair of jack ? i think pair of jack is funny , all in almost win .

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would love to get JJ as many times as possible because even if it's maybe a little difficult to play postflop, it's still the 4th best hand in all of poker. If you keep getting into tricky spots postflop with JJ consider being more aggressive preflop and raising your 3bet sizings or even 4betting to get stronger draw hands like AK/AQ/AJ out of the hand

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always lost with JJ...

I prefer play tight with this hand

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a tricky hand to play. When you play them you need to be positionally aware of other raisers. For example, if a UTG player open raises and you are in the CO then you would mostly want to set mine with them. UTG has a lot of QQ+, AQ+ then would 3 bet you and force you to fold and not see a flop. However, if the HJ open raise and you are in the SB with JJ then raising would be better as the HJ has a wider opening range than UTG. I play them positionally based on pre flop action.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi. I like JJ a lot, but you have to be very careful, as it will depend on your position. I've lost a lot of all-in with him.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a good hand for an all-in if the opponent is playing aggressively. And the most suitable hand for the extended 4-bet spectrum

B

BrazilBrazil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jj would be 3 or 4 bb pre flop and wait to see what happens ...

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good pocket pair. I don't see any problems with JJ in the cash game. Some players may find it difficult to fold on the turn or river with a pocket pair. Hence, there are large losses.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jacks are tricky there probably face down the worse pair to play ,sometimes you over think with them be cautious but play them the best way u no how.

I

isportsec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just lost with JJ against AK

I don't think I ever won with JJ in the final table.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
My favorite pair! I'm not gonna go all in with them (sometimes I'm not even going with KK or AA :D )

Few times, I was very lucky with JJ (live and online...)

Play it slowly... ;)

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is very tricky. In 6 rings, it can easily bring you to hell by illusion. But in freeroll, you have 9000 enemies and small stack and people are crazy. So it could be a good all-in chance sometimes.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a very difficult hand to play.
I lose big pots and sometimes I win small.
I prefer to play very carefully.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against the following range 66+, AT+, A6s+, KJ+, K9s+, QTs+, J9s+, and 98s your jacks have a 62.8% chance. That's a nice hand.

Look what happens to your chances against this range when certain flops come.....

First, rainbow flops with overcards, few draws. Only one suit matches one of the Jacks.

Q72 : 61.9% chance.
K72 : 57.5% chance.
KQ2 : 52.6% chance
A72 : 47.6% chance.
AK2 : 37.2% chance.

Second, wet flops with more draws. The jacks are JsJd.

QcTc6h: 52.4% chance.
KcTc6h: 48.9% chance.
KcQcTh: 47.1% chance
AcTc6h: 40.5% chance.
AcKcTh: 32.6% chance.

As you can see, you shouldn't just give up when you see overcards. Especially when it's a K or Q, and the flop is dry you still have pretty good chance. Try to get to a cheap showdown. If villain is passive and he bets you're probably beat. But if he's a aggressive and likes to bluff maybe call one or two bets.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jacks!! Fantastic Pair!!
"For start only i think" you must Be careful with this!!

G

Gigio22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love JJ. It's important to see what's on the board.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this pair, and I prefer to play with it aggressively. Because in this case, only aggression gives you a chance to get the chips of your opponents.

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would you like to have pair of J several times in a match? what do you do when having pair of jack ? i think pair of jack is funny , all in almost win .

All pocket pairs have equal chance of hitting sets. The higher the pocket pair the higher the chance of it winning. I do not need more JJ when I am in a session as they do not make a huge difference. I really don’t feel anything when I see JJ as I am playing on several tables. When I first started poker I felt scared and nervous when I saw face card pocket pairs, now it’s just neutral.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a good pocket pair, but if your opponents have AK or AQ, and even worse if AA, KK, QQ this pair becomes problematic. Therefore, it is better to solve the problem on the flop.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate them , 4 times I had lost everything at the beginning

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
my signature says it all...
Cheers,
ObbleeXY

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
JJ is a good pair. But when I go all in with them, I lose 2 out of 3 times.

N

Nele

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Beleave in JACKS , don't be sceptic about it and you'll do good :)

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
jj has bad reputation they look very beautiful but if you don't come inthe flop runs because there's a lot of danger lol