QQ

QQ is great if no Ks or As come out cuz everyone holds onto Ks and As

kngtfallen

kngtfallen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is hard to fold a face card pocket hand. the worst time i ever had to fold one was when i folded pocket A's to a full house. it was the right thing to do though, saved me $10.

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bpazjr13 said:
QQ JJ TT are "Medium" Pockets....play them like medium pair and not premium AA and KK....

Actually, Queens and Jacks ARE considered premium pockets by most poker "experts" (is there really such a thing?), but they're "position" premiums. David Sklansky breaks the premiums down into two tiers: AA, KK, AK suited are the top dogs. QQ, JJ, AK offsuit, and AQ suited/unsuited are the lower premium tier.

Where you can hammer down from any seat at the table with Aces or Kings, the Q's & J's are much more sensitive to position. Walk on egg shells in early to middle position, tread a bit heavier in late position. Not a good feeling when you throw down that all-in with the Queens from under the gun and two other players call.

I agree that the tens are a true medium pair and aren't much stronger than eights or nines. They get badly overvalued most of the time.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They only go down in value against loose players who think that ace anything and a suited king are good hands! They are still power hands that if you are scared to play then Go Fish is calling your name.:icon_thum

C

cardcounter5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love holding the ladies! I find when two players go all in with an average community they will never hold up... Anything is open to beat you and they are very dangerous to live by...

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play=slow death. I hate pocket Queens. I usually end up losing with them no matter what I do. Slow play with these is never a good idea. Remeber that pocket Queens against A K is the same as pocket 2's against A K. Do you want to risk everything on a slight advantage. I know I don't. :stickyman

B

blacknines

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha you guys talking about pocket queens, the hooks are the ones that always get me... so easy for a higher card to come out for someone who called you preflop with say... A 10 suited or something, or who knows with some of these online players, flops a 4 8 6 and someone called your big bet with 5 7 offsuit or something

G

glvi006

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
jacks and queens can be very frusstrating so try not 2 get too much money in pre-flop

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
their VERY hard to fold but you need a little luck to go along with them and i got lucky today>>>buckster436:beer:

mongani7

mongani7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nujack said:
how do you know when to fold pocket Q's and when the flop is to your advantage and people start to bet on the turn and lets say the community cards on the table is 9 2 6 Q

the other players start to bet when they see the Q and then I will call and the river is a K and every one just checks and i check too and get beat by pocket KK's thats what usuallu happens when i am paired up with premium pocket cards
i have lost 5 major tourements with QQ i still don,t know how to play themm let me know when ther is a answer

mongani7

mongani7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nujack said:
how do you know when to fold pocket Q's and when the flop is to your advantage and people start to bet on the turn and lets say the community cards on the table is 9 2 6 Q

the other players start to bet when they see the Q and then I will call and the river is a K and every one just checks and i check too and get beat by pocket KK's thats what usuallu happens when i am paired up with premium pocket cards
i have lost 5 major tourements with QQ i still don,t know how to play themm let me know when ther is a answer

M

Moose763

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation my friend you were just unlucky and if thats happening to you constantly id find a new dealer because when you have a set which is the nuts at that point (no flush assuming) then you should be aggressive and if you take a bad beat all you can do is say "nice hand" and go on to the next one, because no one will insult your play on the river with a set.

Sharkman

Sharkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With any painted pairs(including jj qq) you should raise preflop to get a read. 10's scare me a little knowing 4 other pair are higher out there.

:creep:

N

nujack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for all the replies to my posting i am going to try to take the advice of all but i just think i stink and need to find a way to improve

S

sese

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so with queens you all seem to say make a big bet ,but not all in,See the turn know your position and pray? I always get beat unless I play them hard and stronge.

Sharkman

Sharkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do what works for you. As long as you are comfortable with your style it is all good. Makes reads easier if you play your style too!! I have folded pocket AAs preflop before on a huge raise late in a tourney. Good thing though I would have lost to a straight and would have finished 37th. Instead I finished 3rd and won $75.00. But that is my style late in a tourney with a big stack!!! Good luck!!

:icon_rr:

Folding in Poker