Interesting poker concept

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Bart Hanson from Crushlivepoker makes many interesting videos on Youtube. This one I found so interesting, that I want to share it with the forum. It basically cover a situation, which I am sure, most of us can relate to, where we 3-bet out of position, get called, barrel flop and turn and find ourselfes on the river with somewhere between a half pot and full pot bet left and a hand, which is quite good but not exactly nutted.

E

eetenor

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Bart Hanson from Crushlivepoker makes many interesting videos on Youtube. This one I found so interesting, that I want to share it with the forum. It basically cover a situation, which I am sure, most of us can relate to, where we 3-bet out of position, get called, barrel flop and turn and find ourselfes on the river with somewhere between a half pot and full pot bet left and a hand, which is quite good but not exactly nutted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSNm9V0RSA4

Thank you for posting

Bart recommends lots of exploitative plays when playing live.
Small % EV plays are just not necessary vs live players that make large-EV% plays often.

Barts best strategy here is combining his sizing suggestions with the river check fold.

Thanks for sharing
:):)

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Hi, thank you both! The more I play, the less I like bets out of position aka donk bets.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Total posts
Awards
If it was not for AK that oh too familiar scenario described in the opening post would not even be that familiar. I knew River was coming down T,Q or A. At one time I used a cheap tracker (DriveHud) to keep track of myself more than anything. One thing it did was break down your biggest problem hands. AK was my biggest chip leak by far. Totally changed how I look at and how I play the worst best hand in poker.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Total posts
i've seen some videos of it, hehe, very good even!

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
CO double flats pre flop. why? In the meantime, with that board I might chose to check from the sb. I can call a bet, check raise with expectations to improve. A previous post above mentions the vulnerability of the worst best hand in the worst possible position. Pot control did not seem to be a concern. Not sure why. Out of position, is a good reason for pot control.