Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
pot raised 3x standard bb.
i flopped an ace high flush
6 handed. im holding a8 clubs.
2 other players, i check, then call a 3/4 pot bet, other folds. turn comes, vilain bets another 1/2 pot, i raise 2.5 times his bet and he folds. if this was a mistake, please enter thoughts . my first post i really apreciate feedback
smile-emoji.svg

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
is Poker, If you only rise 1.5 times his bet, perhaps he will have pay? who knows? I think you did did well, sinceyou won!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 other players, i check, then call a 3/4 pot bet, other folds. turn comes, vilain bets another 1/2 pot, i raise 2.5 times his bet and he folds. if this was a mistake, please enter thoughts . my first post i really apreciate feedback
smile-emoji.svg
i think you got the most out of him unless he was hoping for a full house , in which case you could of sat a bit

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
smile-emoji.svg

you played right, you took the risk when you had the opportunity, these things happen, in my opinion you did right, you played very well.

D

dannyof1992

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
wow thanks very much i feel better haha

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You definitely did not play it wrongly; I guess you wanted to juice the pot for a bigger value type bet on the river. Just bear in mind for future reference if you had ace clubs with off suit kicker, villain cannot have nuts unless there is straight flush possibility. Ace of clubs reduces villains range of suited club hands he will hold. If you smell weakness with villain's turn bet sizing, a check raise bluff on turn has potential value. Obviously don't do this play without additional reasons beyond holding the ace.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
smile-emoji.svg
I think it was a mistake> I would have waited out the river, to see if the villain bet again, especially if had made a lower flush or, improved his hand. I think you missed value. If he was bluffing , he probably would have pulled the trigger on the river , or like a said might have improved his hand.