FreshmanJoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Board : Q86K8
Villain : KQ
Me : AA

I think I folded the winner. This is the third time within a month. Wonder if it could have something to do with my sate of mind. I haven't been feeling good lately, and was feeling particularly depressed tonight. Wonder if that's why I threw my hand away and realized a minute later that it was the winner.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always wonder about if I muck the winner, when the opponent fires all in. Here your concern is KK, QQ, 66 or any 8x. A large raise could get you to fold. It is a definite risk. You don't know he had KQ until after you fold.

Was this cash game or tournament? If the hand was one of the above and you folded, you would be considered amazing for folding.

I usually feel more foolish for not folding than for folding, because I usually get aggressive when I should not.

F

FreshmanJoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wonder about if I muck the winner, when the opponent fires all in. Here your concern is KK, QQ, 66 or any 8x. A large raise could get you to fold. It is a definite risk. You don't know he had KQ until after you fold.

Was this cash game or tournament? If the hand was one of the above and you folded, you would be considered amazing for folding.

I usually feel more foolish for not folding than for folding, because I usually get aggressive when I should not.

We were all in on the flop. I just didn't turn my hand over and threw it in the muck.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
yep, you threw away the winning hand, the golden question how much is it?

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And that's the whole point of poker as a game. So I don't think you should be upset. After all, it would be quite possible that the opponent would have one of the eights.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
And that's the whole point of poker as a game. So I don't think you should be upset. After all, it would be quite possible that the opponent would have one of the eights.

The hand is over, the money is in the pot, there is no more opportunity for betting. Clearly op is quite new to the game, he even stated he was looking at the cards & couldn't tell who had the winning hand, what possible reasoning causes you to say it's ok to muck the winning hand? :eek::confused: By the way, you say you were all in after the flop, why were both players hole cards not exposed before the turn & river?

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Board : Q86K8
Villain : KQ
Me : AA

I think I folded the winner. This is the third time within a month. Wonder if it could have something to do with my sate of mind. I haven't been feeling good lately, and was feeling particularly depressed tonight. Wonder if that's why I threw my hand away and realized a minute later that it was the winner.

What range did u put the villain, did you really discard KK or QQ of possible hands for him?

F

FreshmanJoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand is over, the money is in the pot, there is no more opportunity for betting. Clearly op is quite new to the game, he even stated he was looking at the cards & couldn't tell who had the winning hand, what possible reasoning causes you to say it's ok to muck the winning hand? :eek::confused: By the way, you say you were all in after the flop, why were both players hole cards not exposed before the turn & river?

It was 1-2 cash. We're not required to expose the cards if we don't want to. Although he called me and had the right to see my cards but he just showed his top two on the river and I threw mine away out of disappointment, not realizing that he got counterfeited.

F

FreshmanJoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What range did u put the villain, did you really discard KK or QQ of possible hands for him?

I would've known preflop if he had a big pair. He just called my $10 UTG+1 raise on the big blind and there were 4 callers and he's not the kind to slow play in that spot.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It was 1-2 cash. We're not required to expose the cards if we don't want to. Although he called me and had the right to see my cards but he just showed his top two on the river and I threw mine away out of disappointment, not realizing that he got counterfeited.[/QUOTE)

Thanks for clearing that up for me, haven't set at a cash table in years.
icon14.gif

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's okay, just be more careful in the future and do not rush to conclusions, it can happen to everyone.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not the first person to have made this mistake in live poker. Even famous pros have sometimes done it. The sure way to avoid it is to always show your hand at showdown, even if you think, you are losing. Its not like, the rest of the table would get tremendously valuable information from knowing, that you stacked off AA on Q86, since thats a fairly standard play, especially if it was a 3-bet pot. So just flip over your cards and let the dealer determine the winner :)

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ouch thats one has to hurt ive had it aswell because you think you missed

sometimes holding a straight and you fold but not 1sec later.. you are like um why did i fold that i had a straight? makes you wonder how you could miss that

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens to everyone from time to time. Especially if you are playing at multiple tables. If you want to avoid such misunderstandings, then open your hands at showdown.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens to all of us. One thing, though. Whether true or not I have heard never to play when feeling bad, emotionally or being sick. You be OK, man.

Dan'O

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I threw away $170
Wow that probably stings. I guess ou'll never do it again until your check your actual hand. Can't really relate to this because I only play friendly, home poker.

Winner Poker