I DID IT AGAIN!!!

P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im at atlantic city at harrahs playing poker. I just lost a big hand because i had 10 3 and the flop was 2 3 3. there was no raise preflop fro the big blind and it was just me and him, he was very loose. so i kept calling him down and he flopped a full house. i lost 50 bucks that hand.

Now, I'm assuming this put me on tilt the next hand becasue i had 89 offsuit and flopped two pair, i bet 15 and got called, then bet another 15 and got called. I knew i was beat because there was a straight draw on the board. This guy pushes me all in and witout even thinking or controlling myself, i picked up the rest of my chips and threw them in. I have this problem. I knew i should of folded but i couldnt control myself. Is there something that I can do about this, this problem is costing me too much money. Maybe something i can take to keep me off tilt. ANYTHING!!

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
walk away from the table the next time you sense it -- go outside and sit down a minute.

P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this just doesnt seem natural

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wear a watch that instead of tells time tells when you are a terrible poker player

P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i wish there was one

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a hammer and smash your knuckles. Will make picking anything up a chore, giving you the needed time to think it through.........

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you say there was a straight draw on the board, do you mean there was 3 to a straight or 4 to a straight? It really depends on the texture of the board, but you might have just been unlucky.

P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he only needed one card on the river... i think i was unlucky but i checked on the turn and he put in 25 dollars and i called knowing i was beat.

P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am seriously thinking about smashing my knuckles though lol

F

Feral

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Duhh !!!!!!!!

What are you playing 10 3 or 8 9 offsuit???
You deserve to be Bad Beat, hope you play in a game I am in

R

Riedel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice first post Feral.

To the topic starter: When you lose a big pot in a cash game, leave from the table for a while. (Or sit out). Come back when you feel ready.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a hammer and smash your knuckles. Will make picking anything up a chore, giving you the needed time to think it through.........

lol omg brutal

I used to have this problem - calling hands when I really didn't need to. I never took enough time to tell myself to fold the hand (it still comes up once in a while; see here). I ended up writing a big note right underneath my monitor that said "STOP AND THINK". It didn't help as much as I'd hoped, but came in handy once in a while.

Now I try to take at least a few minutes to think before I make any tough, big decision.

Hope your problem gets fixed - I know how much of a bitch it can be.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duhh !!!!!!!!

What are you playing 10 3 or 8 9 offsuit???
You deserve to be Bad Beat, hope you play in a game I am in

T3o was in the BB. Can't fault him for losing that one.

89, a little different. There are times to play it, but playing 89o the very next hand has to be indicative of bad tilt.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually used to have this problem myself. My problem though is I tend to think I have an extremely good poker "gut instinct". I get feelings on hands (good ones like high PP's and aj and up) on whether im beat or not and whether or not I feel it will win. Believe it or not, about 90% of the time I was right, and that was my problem lol. I just couldnt listen to myself and would call even when my gut told me to fold, and vice versa. Well lately I just deposited for the first time on FT, I deposited 600 dollars to get the whole 100% bonus (yea im a bonus whore :angel: ) and since I deposited I have decided to listen to my gut EVERY TIME. Since then, I finished in the top 15 in two big MTT's and have cashed in 80% of the SnG's that I entered. Maybe its just a good run, or maybe Im on to something, but I now always encourage everyone to listen to your own little poker player and do what you feel. Worked for me, and I think if you try it you will notice yourself lasting longer, losing smaller pots, and winning bigger ones.

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg is this thread also cursed?!!!
Just reading this thread I made such a mistake!!! Luckily I only play on low value tables so only lost $3 :)

Rounder13

Rounder13

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off not to be mean but if your playing hands like 89 offsuit and 10 3 you may want to look at the cards your playing. There not something you will play to win money in the long run. For you going on tilt you may just need to step out and take a minute get back in when you feel ready.