Can I fold this AK?(frop AK6)

B

brettlums

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should never fold here SB vs BB AKo is a monster and you hit your dream flop, only losing to a set of 6's. With pocket aces or kings he would be 4 betting or jamming on your 3 bet and even then you should still be making the call with AKo, AKs and TT+. Its unfortunate he held 6's but its still the correct call

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was no way you could fold that hand, just playing badly you could avoid losing your money.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would never fold this hand. If you get a bad beat here, you
are playing at pokerstars.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends where your playing at. ACR if you flop the two pair you normally lose. In live poker is awesome hand.
At Inter tops if you got AA or KK and the flop is all one suite fold. I'm very aggressive with those hands creating a heads up. Even if another card comes out to make your set with flop being suited fold. Or bet cheap. I know your not suppuse to fold normally but it's your choice. Play them out if you think otherwise. You get used to the patterns.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends where your playing at. ACR if you flop the two pair you normally lose. In live poker is awesome hand.
At Inter tops if you got AA or KK and the flop is all one suite fold. I'm very aggressive with those hands creating a heads up. Even if another card comes out to make your set with flop being suited fold. Or bet cheap. I know your not suppuse to fold normally but it's your choice. Play them out if you think otherwise. You get used to the patterns.

This post is really not helpful and has nothing to do with skill or with the strategy or math in poker. It is literally not game - relevant.

For the original poster: you played this hand correctly, there is basically nothing to do here other then call it off/re-raise all-in and get stacked. Personally, considering the stakes, I would even call lighter here with AQ/AJ too. Having exactly top 2 pair makes the decision even easier.
Also, don't listen to "there are patterns in online poker because it is obviously rigged" stories. That gets you nowhere and you will never be able to upgrade your game or evolve into a good player if you give credit to that nonsense!

Last edited:
muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand correctly, that's a dream flop.I don't think there is anybody in the world that would have folded.

L

Lgiangiulio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You did the right not to fold, you were at the front, unfortunately the deck sometimes punishes:p

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that such a hand should be dropped, but although after his reraise, I would have thought, since he could have a pair of kings or two aces, but about two sixes it was definitely worth thinking about, so once

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get beat out, it happens. I'm not folding here. Too many possible scenarios to consider, and you're just giving yourself a headache. Great flop for AK.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think folding this hand is really tough,,,

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man, that's a dream flop. 2 hearts and everything. That guy could conceivably be raising you with QJ or J 10 of hearts, AQ or AJ with 1 heart...and possibly A6. With it being micro stakes, you can probably widen that even further to hands like 76 or 65 of hearts or a handful of other weird hands that you are crushing. Considering he didn't cold 4 bet, KK and AA are super unlikely. There is literally 1 hand he can possibly have that has you beat, and you're probably about a 60% favorite against QJ and J10 suited...pretty much any other hand you are an 85% favorite minimum. Even in this case with him having 66, you have probably just under 20% chance to win. That an easy snapcall.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played fine its just a cooler, i'd say c-bet bigger on the flop.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You still have outs - full house.

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was the right play, just didn't go your way that time.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold AK in this situation. Often you will be have the strongest combination and win.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He narrowed his range at pocket 6 you could fold if you are good enough.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He did indeed narrowed the range to 66, but I do not know a single player that would fold this. I don't think you made a mistake. Especially since I had seen players play incredibly bad at these stakes. Probably just because some of them lost some money on higher stakes and are losing patience while playing on smaller.

B

Bestsurfs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no reason to ever think about folding this - you played it perfectly.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d have to agree you made the right choice just unfortunate they caught their set.

G

G00fyAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah folding here is just way to tight. Bummer results, but you played it just fine. I personally like to balance a check-raise in this spot; but, i only would do that if i flatted pre...i dont generally like flatting pre here either though i save that play for when i learn something about my opponents and i now have a good reason to do so. (E.g. bb likes to raise Squeeze often when you flat from sb)

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This post is really not helpful and has nothing to do with skill or with the strategy or math in poker. It is literally not game - relevant.

For the original poster: you played this hand correctly, there is basically nothing to do here other then call it off/re-raise all-in and get stacked. Personally, considering the stakes, I would even call lighter here with AQ/AJ too. Having exactly top 2 pair makes the decision even easier.
Also, don't listen to "there are patterns in online poker because it is obviously rigged" stories. That gets you nowhere and you will never be able to upgrade your game or evolve into a good player if you give credit to that nonsense!
Your right.
I would of raised all in on the flop. No way your folding top two pair. Since its so rare for two pair to lose heads up online. Better . ;)

Folding in Poker