Did i do the right thing or very wrong thing?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing 0.25/50$ nl holdem.
I had 50$ in stack(100bigs)
And the villian had 60$ stack and so the session went on and i saw the villian losing some small and then after that going all in with 56suited 7j off 22 and k4.
I was keeping an eye on him.
And i got into a pot with him and he lost but it was just 6 bigblind pot.
Immediately after the pot as his tendency he shoved all in for his 50$ stack.
I in the BB picked up KQ suited.
And due to all his previous shit i called all in for my 50$.
He turns over Q7 off.
We both flop Q but he rivers a 7 winning a big pot!
Tell me did i do the worst thing ever by calling?

WabiSabi

WabiSabi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got the money in good you cant do much better.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many times I see that, he just gets lucky with underdog's hand, btw are you know Q7 call internet hand? most profitable hand online :D

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you did the right thing, just a bad beat.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He turns over Q7 off.

Why are you even asking? You observed his play, you determined that (K,Q) was ahead of his shoving range, you GII good and he sucked out by catching one of the three cards that could save his donk-ass. How do you ever think this wasn't a good call?

That fish will be breaking his arm patting himself on the back "thinking" he made a good play and at the very least it'll convince him to keep doing it. The next time, you'll call ahead of his range, and you'll stack hum instead. Just because someone hit a bog lottery jackpot, did that mean he plays the lottery better than you?

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, since he shoved Q7 you certainly had a spot on read on him. Calling a shove with KQ most of the times is not that good. In your case it was the best call ever. But with that river, even if you had aces you would still lose. So unfair mate, I feel for you.:eek:

Now, let me guess from what poker site this river came.. Was it Pokerstars?:mad:

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't have the bankroll to play that game anymore, but i played .25/.50 in a bar in year's past with a guy who would do nearly the same thing. i would generally call with that hand if i wasn't planning on staying the full night or if i was having a rough night of it. i knew i was likely getting in good but i also knew i could be tipping the waitress and going home...if you've got the roll and you can stomach it thats a good call.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had notes on the guy, you knew how he played(donkey).
You had the right mind calling his Donk All-in.
I would say you made a great decision calling his all-in, it was.just a bad RIVER!
i don't like these kind of players. they risk all with garbage cards and they get rewarded.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good call. Anything can and will happen all in.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you are properly bankrolled and have at least 50 buy ins at your disposal ($2,500) it was a decent move.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s a bad beat, so it’s not really something of how well/ badly it is played. You put him on a weak range (which was correct), and called off with a better hand. The river card will often stack you, but calls like that will make you money over time

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing 0.25/50$ nl holdem.
I had 50$ in stack(100bigs)
And the villian had 60$ stack and so the session went on and i saw the villian losing some small and then after that going all in with 56suited 7j off 22 and k4.
I was keeping an eye on him.
And i got into a pot with him and he lost but it was just 6 bigblind pot.
Immediately after the pot as his tendency he shoved all in for his 50$ stack.
He turns over Q7 off.

You did great, poker happens,
I would have done the same with the info you supplied....

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely nothing wrong with your call or play.
If this had happened in a real/live game you most likely would of crushed him, but playing online what ever advantages you may hold over your opponents, will most likely be wasted away more times than not......[IMHO]

Popaye

Popaye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your moveses it is right, but bad beat(

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A decisão foi boa. São coisas do jogo, às vezes é difícil de aceitar, mas temos que seguir em frente com o nosso jogo.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s just a bad beat, so you didn’t really play it wrong. I probably still wouldn’t have called with KQo, as although it is a good hand, and your opponent does seem to be spinning, you still need to consider that he is shoving the premium. You really want to be calling with AA, KK, AK, QQ maybe.

But you were ahead the whole way, so to lose to a river card is just a bad beat. It’ll happen many times after too, so just pick yourself up and play to your bank roll. Over time, these erratic villian shoves will earn you money.

Best of luck!

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had the read and you made the right play. You just got the short end of the stick.

alexgrin

alexgrin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll say one thing in poker - it's bad for someone angry .... When you're angry - you make mistakes - you make mistakes - you lose

In Poker - you need to disable emotions

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read an interesting paragraph on this situation in tournament poker, where some pro's would knowingly fold AK vs A10 in early stages. But this was a cash game. You're ahead so it's right to call. Today I was playing headsup against someone like that. And I never had so many bad cards. I just kept folding. Like 200 hands. Then I had A10 and I was like oh well, put my money in pre-flop. Snap called with K2. I won.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your rationale for calling makes perfect sense based on the information you had on the player in the session. You had this guy pegged as a loose player and you were spot on. Unfortunately being correct pre-flop and winning the hand are not the same thing.

KQs is s pretty hand, but only a coin flip if Villian has a pair 22-JJ. If Villian has any Ax you are also a dog. I'm sure you were happy when you saw Q7o against your KQs. You were ~75% to win and just got unlucky.

That said - we need to consider all things when making decisions, not just the immediate game/cards. Is your bankroll deep enough to withstand the variance? If you only have a few buy-ins at the $0.25/$0.50 level then you might ask yourself the question "is calling this donkey worth losing a buy in?" If the answer is no, then walk away losing only the big blind investment instead of the entire stack.

To me, this decision really comes down to asking yourself if you want to reload or not as you don't have a made hand and any donkey can get lucky.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you did the right thing if you wanted to be all-in-pref and 50-50.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was nothing wrong with this call at all. Without even seeing what his cards were, you still know this was a great call based on his previous play.

The way you should think about it is this: if you take your hand (KQs) and compare it to his range of hands that he could have in this situation, are you beating most of the hands he has? Or are you losing to most of the hands he has? The answer is that you are crushing his range of hands he could have here. You saw all the junk he has been going all in with, so for sure this is an easy call. On top of it all, you then see that his cards were Q7o, so right there you know you made the right call because guess what? With KQs vs Q7o you have roughly a 77% chance to win and he has a 23% chance to win. This time he just happened to get lucky. So know that you definitely made the right call and don't worry about the result

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was nothing wrong with this call at all. Without even seeing what his cards were, you still know this was a great call based on his previous play.

The way you should think about it is this: if you take your hand (KQs) and compare it to his range of hands that he could have in this situation, are you beating most of the hands he has? Or are you losing to most of the hands he has? The answer is that you are crushing his range of hands he could have here. You saw all the junk he has been going all in with, so for sure this is an easy call. On top of it all, you then see that his cards were Q7o, so right there you know you made the right call because guess what? With KQs vs Q7o you have roughly a 77% chance to win and he has a 23% chance to win. This time he just happened to get lucky. So know that you definitely made the right call and don't worry about the result

EVEN if he turned over AA in this situation you still got the money in good because you know that hands better than your KQs (like AA) are like maybe 5 or 10% of all of the hands that he'd go all in with here anyway. So don't feel bad. Keep making great calls like these and you'll make money in the long run

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the question here , you observed his idiotic play used your brain got it in good and due to the fact that this is poker lost on the river?

KQ sounds like it was MILES ahead of his shoving range and you should be over the moon. Your obviously playing way too high is your bankroll suitable for 50NL if not move down otherwise you will feel these beats more and more

E

Elvis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't disappoint about that you make a good call as you said he played a lot of hands so he played a weak hand and got lucky that's all.i personaly don't like these flip coin situation and I don't get all in too much before the flop.