Did I do ok here?

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys appreciate your thoughts on this hand. I keep betting out on each street because I thought I need to protect against and punish draws, turns out I was correct and he was on a draw. I didn't bet river because of the flush, even though I know backdoor flush is less likely. Appreciate your thoughts guys, thanks :)

www.cardschat.com/replayer/4aHBSUN

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I think the hand was well played, only I don't agree with the size of the bet on the turn I think it should have been higher and the check on the river the spade flush was unlikely, it scared the 6 more although because of the the way the preflop was played it was highly unlikely that the opponent would have a 6 in their range. I think you played well I would have bet more on the turn and the river.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is well played until the turn but on the river I bet again he never has a flush and neither does the 6 so you would have bet on the river because even if he bet you were going to call then it was better for you to continue with the bet

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
I like your play. But this is a mistake:

turns out I was correct and he was on a draw
Don't play against type of hand. Don't try to do that. Play against range with this "type of hand".
On the river you must check-call against shove, do you realise that !? Because this possible draw. Ofc, he will have some other hands, you will lose sometime, but still will be a profitable call.
And if the river was a club, you must fold. Even if you beat some hands from his range. I mean think only about the range (his range). And for the given price for call.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
If I played this hand I would definitely size bigger on turn (charge more for draws) and bet for value on the river and fold to a big raise. On river you can get called by underpairs such as Qx, JJ, TT etc. As UkoChebuko underlined it is a good practice to think in ranges rather than giving villain certain hands.

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Total posts
Chips
thanks for your feedback guys! really appreciate it, I am beginning to realise I am playing too passively and missing a lot of value on my hands. :)

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played the hand well, except for the turn bet as others have mentioned. I do like the check at the river because if you put him on the draw you are giving him a chance to make a bluff and extracting more chips from him, although he did hit the Q. I do believe the best line on an overpair OOP is bet, bet check, calling the river and hope to bluff catch.