Did I do ok here?

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys appreciate your thoughts on this hand. I keep betting out on each street because I thought I need to protect against and punish draws, turns out I was correct and he was on a draw. I didn't bet river because of the flush, even though I know backdoor flush is less likely. Appreciate your thoughts guys, thanks :)

www.cardschat.com/replayer/4aHBSUN

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I think the hand was well played, only I don't agree with the size of the bet on the turn I think it should have been higher and the check on the river the spade flush was unlikely, it scared the 6 more although because of the the way the preflop was played it was highly unlikely that the opponent would have a 6 in their range. I think you played well I would have bet more on the turn and the river.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is well played until the turn but on the river I bet again he never has a flush and neither does the 6 so you would have bet on the river because even if he bet you were going to call then it was better for you to continue with the bet

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your play. But this is a mistake:

turns out I was correct and he was on a draw
Don't play against type of hand. Don't try to do that. Play against range with this "type of hand".
On the river you must check-call against shove, do you realise that !? Because this possible draw. Ofc, he will have some other hands, you will lose sometime, but still will be a profitable call.
And if the river was a club, you must fold. Even if you beat some hands from his range. I mean think only about the range (his range). And for the given price for call.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I played this hand I would definitely size bigger on turn (charge more for draws) and bet for value on the river and fold to a big raise. On river you can get called by underpairs such as Qx, JJ, TT etc. As UkoChebuko underlined it is a good practice to think in ranges rather than giving villain certain hands.

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for your feedback guys! really appreciate it, I am beginning to realise I am playing too passively and missing a lot of value on my hands. :)

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played the hand well, except for the turn bet as others have mentioned. I do like the check at the river because if you put him on the draw you are giving him a chance to make a bluff and extracting more chips from him, although he did hit the Q. I do believe the best line on an overpair OOP is bet, bet check, calling the river and hope to bluff catch.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in on the river!