I can't min buy-in into zoom tables.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't min buy-in into zoom tables. Only forcing me to max buy-in.
"Your minimum buy-in is affected by recent play at similar tables..."

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now i can play with min buy-in at zoom tables, after losing full buy-in(100bb). Thanks, pokerstars!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never seen this, but maybe they dont want people to buy in for the minimum and then leave, as soon as they dubbled up? Many poker sites implement some sort of anti ratholing strategy, and this might be part of it.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know they do it on reg tables, but thought Zoom was different. Looks like I was wrong.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a rule in this room that if you leave the table winning, if you have entered the minimum, before completing a certain time, you will not be able to enter again only with the minimum, you will need to wait for a deadline, or enter with the highest buyin.

This rule exists in other rooms as well.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop ratholing dude it's bad for the game

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a "defence" against "ratholing". I think you can leave some table with big stack, and then go to another table with smaller. But only 7-8 times. Then you must wait 7-8 hours. For "reset".
And also Zoom. If you leave with 140-150bb and then return with 100bb, then no problem. But if you want to sit with smaller stack, you can't. As I said only 7-8 times, I don't know exactly.

They did that several years ago. Because of many complaints from the players. Not only regs...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They did that several years ago. Because of many complaints from the players. Not only regs...

And to be honest I think, its completely fair. It stop multitabling regulars from jumping around from table to table and constantly jamming on people with a short stack, which is annoying for everyone else. The alternative would be to simply fix the buyin at 100BB, which in my opinion would be totally fine and fair. But it would probably scare some recreational players away, so I understand, why PokerStars went for this in between solution.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
He is playing Zoom guys, as far as I know there aren't any No Ratholing rules for Zoom. I may be wrong, haven't been able to play at Stars since Aug 2017.

:dontknow:
I can't min buy-in into zoom tables. Only forcing me to max buy-in.
"Your minimum buy-in is affected by recent play at similar tables..."
Why would you want to, :hmmmm2: coming onto a table with a min buy in is a huge rookie mistake.

:)

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sense for "no ratholing rules for Zoom". Let's say one guy (reg) with 50bb , one fish with full stack and four other regs with full stack. The regs can't play against the fish so profitable, because this moron with 50bb. He will exploit their play, even if his stack size is not so profitable than 100b.
And this is MAINLY because the Zoom. Because he will "reset" his stack. And can do that again. If he do that at normal table, someone will sit at his place. We are talking about higher limits...

Just tried....Only four times you can do that at Zoom. I guess, now I must wait eight hours. For the "reset"...

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And this is MAINLY because the Zoom. Because he will "reset" his stack. And can do that again. If he do that at normal table, someone will sit at his place. We are talking about higher limits...

Exactly. With Zoom he just need to wait a few hands for the big blind to come to him, sit out, leave the table, and buy right back in. So ratholing is essentially a freeroll in this game format. With regular table he need to find another one, which then might not be as good. And at high limits and/or small poker sites its not even possible without going on a waiting list.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just tried....Only four times you can do that at Zoom. I guess, now I must wait eight hours. For the "reset"...

4 times seem like a fair compromise to me. Few recreational players will return to a Zoom table more than 4 times in 8 hours, so they are unlikely to get hit by this limitation.