How would you max your profit on this hand ?

ChillinVillian

ChillinVillian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am dealt A-K suited into a very loose aggressive 2-5 cash table . Can anyone tell me the odds of smashing the 10-j-q in suit . I did this a few years ago and walked away with the Royal bonus and about 1,100 in cash from the other players . I pretty much just smooth called all the way down till all-in was left prior to river . Has this happened to anyone else and how did you handle the situation ?

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 / 649,740.

That is, how many times you are expected to FLOP a royal flush whilst holding any 2 of the cards in your hand needed to make a Royal flush, BEFORE YOU SEE YOUR CARDS. So this is how often the dealer will deal the exact cards you need and flop the exact cards you need to make your royal.

However the odds of flopping it once you have AKs is 1/ 19600 I believe.

And how would I play it? Check-call-check-call-check-raise.

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the opponent has totally whiffed the flop, there's no way to get a lot of profit, really.

What does it for me is c-betting like 75% of the pot on the flop, and then if he calls (or raises, I call) and then check on the turn. If he bets, I call. Then I check once again on the river, creating an image like I am going for the cheap showdown.Obviously, then I'll re-raise all-in if he bets on the river.

BabyJesus64

BabyJesus64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would at least check/call the flop and try to hide my monster flop. Then after turn or river I would check raise depending on the position, opponents, stacks, etc.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stack the deck so that a villain has 98 of the same suit.....

depends on your opponents really, but most people are more likely to bet than call bets here, at least for anything too deep. people might rep the flush, etc.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands