How would you have played this

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok sitting BB with 8 10 diamonds at a 6 max table blinds are 30-60 1st to act folds 2nd limps cutoff folds Dealer calls SB folds flop comes Jc Jd 6d action goes BB check, 2nd bets 120, Dealer folds, BB reraises to 240, 2nd calls, Turn is 2d.

Lets stop there and see what you would do then I'll let you know what happens

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well 20 views and no respose so I'll just tell you I'm not the BB i was 2nd to act, anyway I knew he made his flush on turn so I had was ready for a big bet and I was gonna fold but he checked his flush I checked and a Qc came on river he bets 240 I reraise the pot and he pushes all in so I call with Q J off with a full house. I guess I was just trying to see how many people would have pushed or made a big bet on the turn I'm not complaining but was just utterly confused why he was willing to put all his chips in on the river and not on the turn.

WildCard_QQ

WildCard_QQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strange, i think he checked to see if you had also hit the flush, especially since he only had a 10 high flush...

if i was him i would have made a small bet, well not small but atleast the size of the pot, to ask you the question...

Pot size bet on the turn would have asked you the following

Do you have trip jacks?
If yes, are you willing to call this raise to hit your fullhouse/4 of a kind
Do you have a higher flush than me?

You probably would have folded which means you were not willing to pay so much for 1 more card... and he wouldve taken the pot, but, perhaps he thought you were going to fire back at him and he was going to raise you, in my opinion your best move was the check on the turn..

that was outstandaing, congrats on the win

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
well 20 views and no respose

might be a message in that??

Umm.... cuz the guy's a weak player perhaps? Not protecting his made hand on the turn and still believing he's got the best of it when the board pairs on the river. Who knows?.. I'm not him.

J

JT1swaggin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He never should've re-raised the flop, especially min. it's too obvious. But I would've led out the turn about 2/3 and try to see the cheap showdown and check the river.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I had to reread this several times to figure out who was who. With a made flush, I would have made 3/4 pot sized bet on turn, being worried about a higher flush or drawing 4 to the flush.

VerbalKint

VerbalKint

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I`d have folded on the flop if I was him. If a smaller pair is on the board it is a lesser chance, in my opinion, of someone hitting trips and maybe the boat. With face cards I wouldn`t even risk the re-raise on a flush draw. He was aggressive enough to raise the flop but he checks when he hits his hand. Seems like he was just dying to get beat, I don`t understand it. Just my opinion.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definatly puzzled me why he was willing to put the chips in on the river but not the turn again I knew he hit the flush so he bets 2/3 or larger on the turn i go away, but hey i'm glad he let me catch him.

BirdMan7

BirdMan7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...

He prolly had the J9 or something like that idk but if i hit the flush 10 8 dimes i would still be caucious on the turn card and just call him instead of all inning/raising some and take a look at the river ..but if it was a diamond on the river it would be a tough decision...u have to mix up ur game style every now and then u could have shoved all in on the flop with 4 diamonds u know ? just to mix up ur game play ...it all comes down to the river though ..but i woulda called/raised..

BirdMan7

BirdMan7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ooops

sorry i just read ur 2nd post on this thread ..i thought u meant u had 10 8 dimes ..well ....my guess was he was trying to get u to call and trap u without scaring u away ..but the river was a KILLER ..even if he did all in on the turn it would be an easy read that he had the flush and not wanting any 1 else lets say with an Ad8c example to call and chase .

M

MainEventOrBust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok sitting BB with 8 10 diamonds at a 6 max table blinds are 30-60 1st to act folds 2nd limps cutoff folds Dealer calls SB folds flop comes Jc Jd 6d action goes BB check, 2nd bets 120, Dealer folds, BB reraises to 240, 2nd calls, Turn is 2d.

First off, I'm not sure why you check-raised a flush draw out of position, against someone who entered a pot voluntarily. His range could easily include a Jack. If it was for information, his call didn't tell you anything.

You have attempted to define your hand as trip Jacks, and your opponent is calling you on the flop because he thinks you are a) full of it, and he is floating you to get more chips or b) he has your imaginary trips beat, or a good draw to beat them.

If you bet big, you will certainly lose a marginal hand that can beat a bluff, and will almost only get called if you are against a full house or a bigger flush. Its a little late, since you have already started building a big pot, but I'd exercise a little pot-control, and make a value bet here, probably a little less than 1/3 of the pot. If he raises, re-evaluate if I have any reads on him. I don't hate check-calling for pot-control here either.

M

MainEventOrBust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I knew he made his flush on turn so I had was ready for a big bet and I was gonna fold but he checked his flush I checked and a Qc came on river he bets 240 I reraise the pot and he pushes all in so I call with Q J off with a full house.

Now I'm confused. When you started the thread, you made it sound like you were in the BB with T8 suited. What kind of player describes their opponent's hand, but not their own?

Also, the reason you probably got 20 views before anyone jumped in, is because this thread should really be in the hand advice section.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted this to see what people would do if they had the T 8 diamonds when they hit the flush on the turn, I guess I didn't explain what I was looking for good enough thats my fault. Since no one was posting I decided to go ahead and post what I was looking for I was really trying to see if everyone else as I would have bet about 2/3 - 3/4 of the pot on the turn if I had the T 8, becasue as I had said I was ready for a pot size bet to come and I would have folded the trips becasue i knew he hit the flush. In the future I explain what I'm looking for a little better, but it seems everyone would play it the way it should have been played and not how he played it not that I'm complaining cause i took him out just confused me when he played it that way.

T

Tuy DO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy on BB just a donk, my anology:

1/ 8 10 suited is a very weak hand.
2/ BB is clearly disadvantage position.
3/ Flop pairs up, possible a dead flush draw against fullhouse.
4/ Best strategy is check and possible call all the way.

5/ Check raise on the flop is fair, cuz 2nd position may drop if he had 6
6/ Once 2nd position called his raise he must have something dangerous, his flush on the turn was marginal, second position might have a higher flush or fullhouse or in this case makes a fullhouse on the river.
7/ He bet, got raise, then reraised all-in is so lame.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok sitting at a 6 max table blinds are 30-60
BB with 8d 10d
1st to act folds
2nd limps
cutoff folds
Dealer calls
SB folds
BB CHECKS
flop - Jc Jd 6d
BB checks,
2nd bets 120,
Dealer folds,
BB reraises to 240,
2nd calls,
Turn is 2d.

???

Fixed your post to a format more like most of us are used to.

6 max, isolated, with a made flush, and one card to come. 4th nut flush isn't so great, but you need to know if villains hand is made or not. 2/3 pot might do that, but you gave us no great info about your villains. Nor stack sizes starting this hand. The implication is this is tourney, not ring.

Most of the time I want to expert a lot of pressure here. 2/3 pot will do that.