How to win more when Showdown

D

davinc95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, i'm very happy when join a Poker community with too much knowledge like this.
I'm new to poker world, and have started to play pokerstars for a month. So, there was too much mistakes i've done in about 400 hands recently.

Actually i know all about Poker rules, but it seems like i'm too optimistic about my hand, or i dont believe about villain' hands.

And as you guys can see, my blue line is almost negative all of the time.
Maybe it's too little hands to see anything, but can you guys tell me how i can improve my play in the long run.
I wanna learn poker seriously.

Thankyou very much. (Sorry for my bad english).

this is my report for 400 hands: https://imgur.com/a/dOAttvz

Last edited:
swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is right.

Tighten up your preflop play, it makes all of your post flop decisions much much easier.

As you are learning how to play play at lower stakes; only play your top 20 percent of hands from later position and only your top 7 percent of hands from early position. Raise with most of your range in late position and fold almost everything from up front.

If you have a spewy tendency to bluff catch not thinking your opponent has what he's representing thinking, "my middle pair is good I'm going to call this player's all in shove bluffing at an ace on the river".

If you want to win, you neeeed to play and learn with an HUD. If you want to bluff catch go after the people with mega high vpip stats.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the position and many factors. How the hand went, how much the bet was before the flop, and so on. If you are sure you are stronger than your opponent, then the best value bet. If there was a raise from an opponent then you need to be careful about the cautious of the showdown.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is great to gain experience, because you will be able to play more hands. I agree it is a good idea to play tighter when first learning. After you fold you can watch, learn and take notes on players. Good Luck.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Best advice for new players is to read read read lots of good books on poker. Then play hundreds of thousands of hands then read more.

NeZlo4

NeZlo4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, i'm very happy when join a Poker community with too much knowledge like this.
I'm new to poker world, and have started to play Pokerstars for a month. So, there was too much mistakes i've done in about 400 hands recently.

Actually i know all about Poker rules, but it seems like i'm too optimistic about my hand, or i dont believe about villain' hands.

And as you guys can see, my blue line is almost negative all of the time.
Maybe it's too little hands to see anything, but can you guys tell me how i can improve my play in the long run.
I wanna learn poker seriously.

Thankyou very much. (Sorry for my bad english).

this is my report for 400 hands: https://imgur.com/a/dOAttvz

The main mistake, most likely, is a lack of discipline. This is superimposed on the reassessment of your hand and attempts to catch the opponent on the bluff.