How to take care of all the time raiser?

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raiser?

i would say be patient and wait for a good hand then keep letting him bet and nail him big on the river it might require a few mins but this strategy should work for you gl!:)

Y

yourguynow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for your hand, and let him bet first. Check him to the river and then raise after. Do this a couple of times. Then Do it once with a hand you would typically throw away. Except, call him only after the flop. If he does not raise at the turn, call again. He may think you are doing the same thing and give you a look at the river without a bet. If you fold, you confirmed that you may stay in with loosing hands. This should throw him off and now you can play your good hands again, checking to river and then raising.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I he raising every hand? Or maybe just getting great hands and betting them? Not sure how many times per round hes raising. Also,how many people at the table? If he's just a maniac I would tighten up. If you get a reasonably good hand try a reraise and see if he's just an aggro/calling station.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter what don't let them get to you.

Catch them when you can and let them drive the pot.
icon14.gif

But be careful they catch hands at the worst moment.
icon13.gif

:D :D :D

Good Luck

:cool:
They use to get to me and now they don't :D and now i just wait for a good hand, and call there raise now;), and then check raise them on the river, and they call it :cool:
I would not call a raise before, and found out i just need to wait for a good hand and call them, and even fire out a bet on the flop to get a fold...

Thanks Guys/Gals you helped show me i should not be thrown off of a good hand by a raise.

JessyMoneyAA

JessyMoneyAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing is that you can't read these people well .

If the maniac raises all the times preflop , he will make a continuation too if someone calls him ,often he will get a big amount of chips and loose it all in one or two hands.

Patience is very important against these players even if they get you very fast on tilt , try to get the right spots to get his chips.

B

Bobmurphy07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like check/raising a good hand vs an aggressive opponent. Typically if there is someone that active at your table you can wait for a good spot to take advantage of it. I prefer a really active table so I can sit back and pick good spots and I won't have to force the action.