frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have started playing again cash games. I have been seeing this players with huge stakes 3-6 time buy-in never folding winning with hands i wouldn't play and i am loose I hardly see anyone play them like 3 6 s and win. How is this possible. How can these players win every hand there is usually 3 players at the table that are doing this. How is this possible to never lose a hand fold very little and win. Doesn't make sense to me. If they played strong hands every time i could understand that but they play hands that wouldnt be so good and win. Am i missing something. Please advise me. I am on ACR.
This is poker, it is a game, it is for fun. We want to profit, that is not our place and we win when is possible.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing to remember is that you have to love them.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have started playing again cash games. I have been seeing this players with huge stakes 3-6 time buy-in never folding winning with hands i wouldn't play and i am loose I hardly see anyone play them like 3 6 s and win. How is this possible. How can these players win every hand there is usually 3 players at the table that are doing this. How is this possible to never lose a hand fold very little and win. Doesn't make sense to me. If they played strong hands every time i could understand that but they play hands that wouldnt be so good and win. Am i missing something. Please advise me. I am on ACR.

You mentioned they always have large stacks...they can wait you out...even if they lose a hand or two, they can still keep coming at you...if you are playing a small stack, you MUST be careful to not bleed away chips on marginal hands...you fold after not hitting the flop, and they don't worry about hitting...they are playing against your stack, not your cards.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players like this are the ones who tend to be above the stack of rivals at the table and are the ones who take advantage of their advantage to be very aggressive and thus win hands just by pressure ... but these same players are the ones who end up losing before enter the bubble

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
luck goes with them for short time

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time they're fish and just running hot; it happens. If bad players never won hands, they wouldn't play poker and the whole ecosystem wouldn't work.

Having said that... when Negreanu did his "Build a bankroll from $10" challenge at Stars in 2009, he was playing 70/19 preflop, which usually is what a fish looks like. In his case, though, it was being so superior post-flop to the field at NL2 that he was +EV even playing hands that most of us would consider complete trash.

Even pro's make mistakes sometimes lol.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That comes with experience or might be just luck. It depends. There's players that grind only on cashgames so after a while it's logic to understand the algorithms.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They’re lucky and good.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think aggresive players are benefited much more than non-agressive and pasive ones

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you know about stealing? Study this question. Perhaps the game of such opponents will be understandable for you. Especially if you are a cautious player and not too aggressive.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are always people like that, but if you watch them for a longer time you can see that they don't always win and that a zeot comes for them where nothing works. Because you believe in your luck and know how to push people out of your hand, you will be successful for some time, but you will meet people who know that poker is not all about luck and they will hit such people hard. When I meet people like that at cash tables, I usually leave the table when there are too few people at such a table, but in tournaments I look at people like that for longer and longer. Sometimes I see you win 10 or more hands with really junk. I then mostly just wait for me or someone else to have a strong hand and throw him out. But if people count cards and have teamed up then the chance is rather bad I call something like cheating and such people should simply be banned from the poker site just like people who use bots this is simply unfair to the other players.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands