How to play when i flop strong hand and opponet probably miss.

P

PrDvGatach

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, i want to ask what to do in spots when i flop strong hand and my opponent probably miss(he probaly has not any second best hand or draw), for exemple i have AK on AK2 rainbow, KJ on JJ4rainbow, AA on A33rainbow etc.., especially tough form me are spots when i am preflop raiser and my opponent is passive player.What will you do in this kind of spots(especially against passive players).

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on how you read your opponent, but the options would be: make a bet of a third of the pot or without betting trying to make your opponent believe that you have not managed to improve your game and thus surprise him before a possible bet on the turn or river

P

PrDvGatach

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on how you read your opponent, but the options would be: make a bet of a third of the pot or without betting trying to make your opponent believe that you have not managed to improve your game and thus surprise him before a possible bet on the turn or river

Why do you think, that bet of a third of pot is good in these spots?
Please, tell my why you use this sizing in these spots and against which kind of player.

Flyair

Flyair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you think a third of the pot is a good bet in these situations?
Please tell us why you are using this size in these places and against which player.

Greetings! The size of such a bet can be explained by your assumption about hitting the opponent's board. If the other player misses the board at all, a small bet gives him the opportunity to look at the card on the next street for a cheap price. You get a little accordingly. You have to wonder if your opponent understands the strength of your hand ...

Flyair

Flyair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, a small bet gives your opponent the opportunity to rearrange you, that is, to bluff, which is in your favor.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in such situations it is not necessary to portray slowplay.. Slow playing is of course possible, but in certain situations, against special players and at a certain stage of the tournament. You should not use it very often, at a long distance you will get disappointed...
I see a lot of situations where slowplay causes harm to a player who could safely take the pot without having any problems. When you have a strong hand, don't be afraid to go on the attack and take the pot, in a long tournament will bring you a lot of help. Pressure and aggressive (but correct aggression) playing poker is the key to success in any sport and poker) it is impossible to achieve results when you are constantly on the defensive or do not attack weak opponents:) good luck in the game ;)

D

desmond weinberger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to c-bet anytime you raise preflop IMHO.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the pot is yours, take it.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
C-bet for control. If he out it's fine. Probably would do a check/fold anyway doesn't matter the scenario, but a c bet might put him on a bluff. It depends about what cards he got and his game style.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These questions are so difficult to answer.....so many variables.....what is your skill level?...what is your opponents skill level?....what read do you have on him?.....more importantly, what read do they have on you?!?

Without knowing all this and other dynamics I would suggest just play it by the book, stretch out the clock to make your raises (make them second guess there hand) and just fire on every hand unless you get snap calls. Then patiently re-evaluate.

Good Luck....:)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands