How to play micro limits?

T

thaliko86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often try to play my "A Game" in micro limits and not always the result is positive, because I realize that many opponents know only the basics of the game. I would like to know your strategies to play these limits.
GL!!!

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any good strategy will always be followed by all, who would not like to receive the formula of youth in a primer and follow it correctly to have eternal life?
in the same way is Poker, not everything is in the book of learning, what we can do is follow some of these points and try to reach the good number, and thus succeed in this wonderful game
The overall advantage of starting small with online poker is that you can climb across the boundaries at a comfortable pace and develop a core skill set that will help you achieve greater success at higher limits.
I can not emphasize how important it is to take your time and build your poker empire slowly. The games are not going anywhere. They occur all the time both online and live.
Start small, develop a deep understanding of the fundamental principles of the game and your climb to the mid, high and very high limits will be much smoother.
Be sure to start your poker career with a proper bankroll, and with a solid game plan to get into the game as well.
The problem of trying to play all types - and that includes simply being "juvenile" in other Pot Limit Omaha games, limit hold'em, triple draw, etc. - is that you risk becoming a "know-it-all little, but does not know anything in depth "
The micros are the ideal limits to build the basis of your knowledge of the game. And what it really means at the lower end is mastering the art of tight and aggressive play, also known as "TAG."
Good lucky

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taken from one of the of the other poker forums online. In terms of the basic theory of how to beat the micros, this pretty much is all you need to read. Obvs you need to be able to actually apply the solid fundamental poker, but that comes from time put into the learning grind. I am a microstakes grinder myself and keep the last few lines saved on a notepad document which I open and place on my screen every time I play.

WHY WE WIN: THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

First let's explain exactly why beating the micro limits is so easy. I think knowing why what you're doing works is extremely helpful when you're learning. Poker is a game of skill, like chess or backgammon. The short term goal of poker is to win money, but the underlying goal of any game like poker or chess isn't actually to 'win'. The goal is to make fewer mistakes than your opponent. If you make fewer mistakes, you win by default. The only time this isn't true is when some inherent luck is involved, as it is in poker. Bad play in poker can win, but only in the short term. The Fundamental Theorem of Poker as presented by David Sklansky is as follows:

“Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents' cards, they gain; and every time you play your hand the same way you would have played it if you could see all their cards, they lose. Conversely, every time opponents play their hands differently from the way they would have if they could see all your cards, you gain; and every time they play their hands the same way they would have played if they could see all your cards, you lose.”

Poker at heart is a game of making the correct decisions based on the current situation with all the (limited) knowledge you have. When you get into advanced poker (not the micros) your goals will shift to include deception and other moves that don't help you win, but help you induce your opponents to make mistakes. Recognize this principle and the difference between winning and your opponents making mistakes. This principle is the reason that beating the micro limits is easy.

The players - herein referred to as fish - at the micro limits make mistakes almost every time they're given the choice to do something. As long as you play solid fundamental poker, they hang themselves. There's no need to be fancy whatsoever. All you do is keep making the right choices (like betting when you flop trips) based on the situation and they'll continue to make the wrong choices (like call a 3/4 pot turn bet hoping for 4 outs). In fact the fish only have one advantage over you: they're unpredictable. Most of their actions have no logic behind them and you will often be stupefied by what they do. You can't outplay someone if they aren't playing the same game you are. Thus the only option you have is to play solid fundamental poker and be patient. Eventually you win, and they lose.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look up BlackRain79 poker for some good videos on playing micro limits.

As a general rule most micro players are bad. They are either too passive/tight or just too spewy/loose. Take the time to take note on how players play. Having a HUD will be beneficial especially if you plan to multi-table.

Take advantage of how certain players play. Don't get cute with your good hands just go to value town. On ACR there are a bunch of tight players. Easy to exploit and know when you are beat.

Watch the stats and play accordingly.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play very cautiously, because there are fish players who do not know how to play poker and thus get into everything. But because when you have a monster hand or you are nuts you have to play hard and try to draw the maximum out of this hand and charge as much as possible. Do not ever try to bluff on the micro limits because it will pay you. Greetings!

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play tight, play only your best hands, the good thing is like you say "many opponents know only the basics of the game"

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
micro limits

I play microlimites I play them with only polarized range

Avoid bluffing game and controlling the pot as there are many recreational players playing in microlimites and pay esperando o jogo melhorar

Microlimites is challenging but the straights are always good players

:jd4:mateuspoker

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The expert advice is to NEVER BLUFF, just play your good hands for value, and come out on top. its that simple