How to outplay the Fishs?

M

muckem97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A very interesting day Yesterday, but nonetheless a well needed day. Just started my poker journey 3 days ago and yesterday was my first time encountering this maniacs that were doing stuff without Rhyme or Reason. Playing NL .2/.5 it seems like every time I tried reading them I was totally off. Everytime I played a hand I was just beat. Everytime I opened up I was 3 betted. Everytime I opened they folded.

How do you play your hands with these guys? What about drawing hands? Suited Connectors? Flush draws.

Ended up definitely going on tilt and lost some money, but I'm glad I encountered this.

Thank you very much

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are faced with an awkward player you can just move table.

Problem solved.

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, if something doesn't feel right, leave. I've been on a hot streak but i'll leave instantly upon a big win if i'm not feeling it.

but as far as actually playing with it. don't worry about what they do too much, play your game, play smart math and you'll win long term

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tip to crushing micro stakes... get your ranges really ironed out, attack people who don't have their ranges ironed out.

J

Jaserx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with phantom iron out your open ranges second tip is to head down to lower stakes if you are only three days in your poker journey .2/.5 is like playing 5/10 live cash try .01/.02 so you can get direction and learn from others that make more mistakes than you will

N

needcoffeesendhelp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tip to crushing micro stakes... get your ranges really ironed out, attack people who don't have their ranges ironed out.

Definitely agree with him here. Know your range, know your moves, and just play that way. It'll average out. You might bust a few times, but variance will even it out and you'll be ahead soon enough. :)

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait for a good card and luck will be on your side :)

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad day. Or maybe you ran into some collision and you need to get the hell out of there. But irlts mainly first reason. Its better to just get up and play another day. Dont stress yourself over something if you can avoid it.

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've played tighter if you were getting beaten every hand. It's tough playing with fish because you never know what they have. That works well to their advantage although they're in trouble once someone figures out their tells.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't let the lil fishes get away___ use a big net lol:icon_boun

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be patient and just try to trap someone If you're at a table and it's not going good for you move from the table and play on another table.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can be tough games vs maniacs because you will end up very deep stacked vs them most of the time.One Maniac at the table can lead to most of the table being 200bb and 300bb+ deep.It only takes one hand for you to lose AK or QQ vs their K8s for 300bb though.So if you cant handle that variance don't sit at the table deep stacked vs them.But yes they can be very frustrating and tilting games vs aggressive players who really don't care whether they win or lose.And are just playing stacks for fun.

I once won 20 buy ins at 2nl shoving every single hand for about half an hour,at the end of which i had players saying they were going to report me?.For what being lucky i said!.Aggressive maniacs can be the best and the worst players to play, it's only good when your on the correct side of variance vs them.

K

kmax11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to win

so keep playing the best u know and study the hand history and you well get better

J

jamesbooch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The higher the limits, the straighter the play....online poker isn't really though....crazy stuff happens there

Alot of bad beats.....Betonline is the worst for that....

I miss the old pacific poker...its 888 now...but it used to be great...the fairest game...

..and I've played every site....ACR seems the best now but still too many bad beats....

The higher the limits, the straighter the play....online poker isn't really though....crazy stuff happens there
Isn't reality*

Last edited by a moderator: