How often should you defend your blind?

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing NL2 Zoom and I've been very slowly winning money, however my stats are very off. I won all my money at showdown and without showdown I'm a big loser. I suppose most of it, because I know they're gonna bluff a lot of money I can just fold some hands untill I hit it. But the blinds might be different vs steals. Because they seem to end very quickly. Whether it's pre-flop or on the flop. Just a quick tussle.
My fold percentage in the blinds are 85% in the SB and 78% in the BB. I call 6.5% in the SB, 11% in the BB. I 3-bet 8.9% in the SB and 11% in the BB. I'm playing very ABC with 16% VPIP and 11% PRF. Now I know a lot of people don't play at these stakes, so it's very different as to NL10. But is this the correct way to play at NL2 Zoom? Is it too tight? I feel I might be leaving out some winnings. So even if you play ABC and playing like a TAG, what kind of range would be good to defend blinds with

Last edited:
D

Dimitris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice question but it depends. Ajo is a bad hand if you defend your SB/BB fm UTG but it is a good had if the raise is fm BTN. Generally stay away fm GTO at the micros. Yes the correct way to beat 2nl is ABC

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
You have to be careful with this issue of the defense of the blinds ... it can become a bad habit and therefore can lead you to lose a tournament ... or lose money at the cash tables ... I think you must analyze well the situation in which one is ... and against what opponents can be done ...!

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to defend the blinds sometimes. There are times you don't need to defend your blinds. If you know someone is bluffing you out of your blind, then defend them. It's all about table image, among other things.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Instead of 4-tabling I've been 2-tabling now and I've been paying more and closer attention to the stats when I'm in the blinds or close to the blinds. I was just looking too much at my cards and not looking at my opponents stats every time. I noticed I was just quick-folding in the SB while my opponent in the BB had a 99% fold to steal percentage. Maybe when I get that down I can play more tables. Thanks for your advice.

J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Defending blinds

Cash games it's not as important to defend your blinds week cause it's better to lose 2 dollars then what the bet is with a weak hand now if your a strattler it's little more important to defend those or just don't do them to began with or you will see people raising your straddle Everytime knowing it's an easy steal but big blind in general it's better to play a flop heavy hand or a good hand no need to get more invested with trash but to not be nit tight either if you catch my drift