How often should I get dealt a pocket pair?

T

thomasguy3419

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I'm playing pokerstars Zoom cash games and I'm getting dealt a pocket pair every 50+ hands. I read on google that every 17 hands you should get dealt a pocket pair but this is not the case on PokerStars.

Last edited:
CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Total posts
17 is the right number (over a large range of hands you get)

How many hands are you sampling?

E

EarnDAStack

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Poker is a game with very high variance. That goes as much for starting cards as it does for run outs.

There was a time where I had AA,AA,KK and QQ all at once on 4 different zoom tables, I've also gotten dealt 72o in the Big Blind 3 times in a row when I was sub 10BBs in a tournament once lol.

It's a crazy game, you just have to enjoy the ups and downs and play the cards you have as well as you can and don't sweat over what you can't change

You have a 1/221 chance of getting dealt Aces next hand regardless!

Last edited:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
You should get it every 17th hand dealt on average. The issue is this is a long term average or hundreds of thousands of hands. If you were to track say 1 million hands you would find out that you were probably dealt this on average. I have seen some long runs of not getting pairs, I have also gotten 7 pocket pairs in a row. Live I have been dealt pocket aces back to back hands twice in a months time. You just never know.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Total posts
There are days when things don't go so well, that's the way it is. Keep trying.

V

VadaPav

Rising Star
Total posts
This game is not only about pairs.
If you keep waiting for only pairs then you are missing huge profits by not playing other cards.

Pairs do come and go focus more on what cards to play.