Chips
It all depends on stakes, what level your at, and your opponents

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is such a vast question, What stakes are you playing?

You jump into a 215 MTT with that attitude you will be lunch meat.

In the micros I guess you can provide that synopsis to a more general range of players but still should never be thinking one size fits all.

S

Shab88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OOHHH, same

The majority of the time i never see any river bluffs from players, something like 95% of time if i get raised on river or check and they make a 60% pot bet or better they have something BIG. Do you agree? I have been folding more and more on river feeling that im beat. Thoughts?
I literally HATE these moments, and it's quite hurtful, when your opponent gets half of your stack:mad:

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In about 3 out of 10 showdowns, you will see a bluff on the river. So it's very unprofitable at micro stakes.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
often . because i am the one who do them often :D

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The majority of the time i never see any river bluffs from players, something like 95% of time if i get raised on river or check and they make a 60% pot bet or better they have something BIG. Do you agree? I have been folding more and more on river feeling that im beat. Thoughts?

Good afternoon!
It all depends on the structure of the board and the limit played. Crazy play at micro stakes. They can always bet with any two cards. Sometimes they put on some "firewood" that did not arrive.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its very dependent on the opponent type, board runout, action and of course also the stakes. If a nitty microstakes regular raise you on the river after calling preflop, calling flop and calling turn, its almost always the nuts, like Blackrain79 talk about in his first book. Or even just a tripple barrel from them especially in a 3-bet pot. Basically any line, where they put their 100+BB stack at risk.

There are other situations however, like if the river card is a complete brick, and now a recreational player lead into you after calling the previous streets. Yeah maybe sometimes they rivered two pair with their K3 or whatever, but often they missed, whatever they were chasing, and now they want you to fold. So in general, if the story makes no sense, we should call with most of our bluffcatchers, even in the micros.