how much time did you spend on the micro limit?

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thanks for the tip. No money yet. When I lose, I make big risky bets and often lose even more. I guess it's too early for me to get higher..

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if you work a lot outside the desk, it will be faster, that's for sure

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm constantly losing money, increasing the limit, it seems like I'll never get to 50.
Already on NL 20, it seems to me that only pros play here.
Someone made it to 50 or it's just a dream.
Continue to study and to learn. Build a solid bankroll management. Have the mindset of a cold blood warrior. Don’t be in a hurry to get to the higher stakes. Try to play regular tables instead of Zoom (Fast Play).
There are fishes in all poker levels and stakes, because there are millionaires who doesn’t care losing, they just want to show up to their friends they are playing NLHE 100 or higher.
Make notes about your opponents. Quit playing when you are not playing your top game.
Don’t mix strategies of tournaments with cash games strategies. Be serious and honest to yourself.
Post hands here in the forum for other to analyze and give their opinion. Make a poker course.
Stop watching poker lesson from YouTube or any virtual media. Build yourself your own and solid strategy.
Be humble and accept you can make mistakes. Let your “self” apart from any decision. Don’t listen to negative thoughts. Love what you do and do not spread the word you are playing poker.
Look to poker as a serious, regular work and keep your mouth shut. Don’t tell anyone you are winning or losing for your friends are going to get jealous and angry about you. Keep your secrets to yourself and for the forum, where you can find mates to learn and build your career.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thank you very much for the advice. I read it and even looked at myself in a new way. For me, this is like an instruction from an older and experienced player. I did much of what you wrote. I will change my actions. As a father instructed his son, it touched my heart.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Personnally i am only playing MTT for the moment I am planning to begin to play CG when my bankroll will be more than 100 buy in, need $200 bankroll for playing NL2 :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Personnally i am only playing MTT for the moment I am planning to begin to play CG when my bankroll will be more than 100 buy in, need $200 bankroll for playing NL2 :D
for cash game you'll need ~25buyins (for MTT >> 100 buyins). But these recommendations are for players hoping to build a bankroll. For most, it's fine to play with any # of buyins in one's account. (I've played a $20 buyin with $25 in my account).

I play mostly ZOOM style tables. I know it's tougher than regular tables as far as winrate goes but I play for fun & enjoy those tables more.
These days there are a large number of solid players even at the micros (imo). There are definitely big differences (on most sites) even between 2nl & 5nl, and then 5nl & 10nl. At 25nl, you'll still find fishy players but some of the regs. are quite good.
Time of day (& week) can make a large difference.

If you've only been playing for 2 months... you are VERY NEW to the game. I'd suggest starting at 2nl, beat each limit prior to considering moving up.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
for cash game you'll need ~25buyins (for MTT >> 100 buyins). But these recommendations are for players hoping to build a bankroll. For most, it's fine to play with any # of buyins in one's account. (I've played a $20 buyin with $25 in my account).

I play mostly ZOOM style tables. I know it's tougher than regular tables as far as winrate goes but I play for fun & enjoy those tables more.
These days there are a large number of solid players even at the micros (imo). There are definitely big differences (on most sites) even between 2nl & 5nl, and then 5nl & 10nl. At 25nl, you'll still find fishy players but some of the regs. are quite good.

If you've only been playing for 2 months... you are VERY NEW to the game. I'd suggest starting at 2nl, beat each limit prior to considering moving up.
Yeah i am playing Since i was 15, but never play it seriously i was most of the time Gambling, yeah i only play for two months seriously but i think a deeper bankroll mangement never hurts :p

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah i am playing Since i was 15, but never play it seriously i was most of the time Gambling, yeah i only play for two months seriously but i think a deeper bankroll mangement never hurts :p

Actually only the first sentence of that post was directed at you (the part about how many buyins needed (or NOT needed))... the rest of it was directed at OP (Original Poster), BOXING71 as they'd mentioned they have only been playing for 2months (which honestly is just beginning).

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Actually only the first sentence of that post was directed at you (the part about how many buyins needed (or NOT needed))... the rest of it was directed at OP (Original Poster), BOXING71 as they'd mentioned they have only been playing for 2months (which honestly is just beginning).
Ah sorry i doesn't know thanks for the information ! :D

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thank you very much for the advice. I read it and even looked at myself in a new way. For me, this is like an instruction from an older and experienced player. I did much of what you wrote. I will change my actions. As a father instructed his son, it touched my heart.
Thank you for your kind words, it is really nice to read it. Trust yourself mate, have faith and you’ll get there.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Very good advices mate.,

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have played the micro for years. Why? Its not about the money but the enjoyment of the game. Also for me until laws are change and made safer I would rather risk loosing little that a lot.

To those who think all the players it not true. There are some very good players there too. Yes there are lots more bad ones but that's ok too.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luvepoker,I completely agree, when I started playing at ggpoker I was surprised by the good game at the micro limit, of course there are weak players, that's me about myself. And for you, the micro limit is ...???

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
If you are a fun player micros are ok.
Do you want to make a living from poker? Then you have to move up in levels and invest a lot of work away from the tables. You just have to look at it like a normal job.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study, study, study! If you don't look back at your hands and try to understand where you might be making improper bet sizes or possibly even betting where you should be checking then you will never get better. There is a time to shove with a bluff and a percentage of times you should just let it go and check it after 2 barrels on a bluff. When you shove with a bluff you gotta just let it go if you get called. Take the idea that these people may now think you are an overly aggressive player and use that to your advantage. Many people don't understand you need to keep a few all in moves in your back pocket even if it is a bluff.

When you bluff you need to understand what sort of line taken will make your opponent believe you and give up.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually didn't spend much money on the felt.

I spent the most money on tools and knowledge about the game.

Nowadays I have U$ 30.00 that I've made playing on freerolls just to play at micros.

But I'm actually finding out that you may go up a little and find players that are a little bit more aware of how to play.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm constantly losing money, increasing the limit, it seems like I'll never get to 50.
Already on NL 20, it seems to me that only pros play here.
Someone made it to 50 or it's just a dream.
If you think that only pros play at NL20, then you are definitely not suitable for this limit. Watch the streams and you will see how many weak players are playing there. But I don’t understand where you found NL20, on all sites known to me, NL25 goes behind NL10. Maybe you're just a braggart?:)

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
mssmotilda,Yes, you're right, I'm more of a braggart😂, I play on nl5 sometimes on nl10, more often tournaments up to 5.5 dollars. It takes a lot of money, I'm surprised how often weak combinations win. willing to take risks. Just busted out of the tournament with two AAs, the opponent put up with 77, and the whole tournament ended for me, apparently I don’t know how to play ...

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, you're right, I'm more of a braggart😂, I play on nl5 sometimes on nl10, more often tournaments up to 5.5 dollars. It takes a lot of money, I'm surprised how often weak combinations win. willing to take risks. Just busted out of the tournament with two AAs, the opponent put up with 77, and the whole tournament ended for me, apparently I don’t know how to play ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214-232047.png
    Screenshot_20230214-232047.png
    516 KB · Views: 4
BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are a fun player micros are ok.
Do you want to make a living from poker? Then you have to move up in levels and invest a lot of work away from the tables. You just have to look at it like a normal job.
Highfish,I want to make money with poker, but it's not working yet...maybe later...we'll see.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Study, study, study! If you don't look back at your hands and try to understand where you might be making improper bet sizes or possibly even betting where you should be checking then you will never get better. There is a time to shove with a bluff and a percentage of times you should just let it go and check it after 2 barrels on a bluff. When you shove with a bluff you gotta just let it go if you get called. Take the idea that these people may now think you are an overly aggressive player and use that to your advantage. Many people don't understand you need to keep a few all in moves in your back pocket even if it is a bluff.

When you bluff you need to understand what sort of line taken will make your opponent believe you and give up.
discintildeath,thanks for the good advice. So far I can’t separate the emotions from the game, yesterday I spent 4 hours in the tournament and lost 77 on AA, the opponent went for everything and I answered