How many rounds before you establish your table image?

jj48fan

jj48fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im around a 20/14(cash) player right now and notice my bluffs and CB's rarely work when I 1st sit at a table. It takes a certain amount of time before they start folding to my CB's. I've never determined and exact amount of time before trying my normal plays.

Do any of you have a certain amount of hands or time at a table before you feel your image has been established?

Im assuming there is no exact science to this, Im thinking no matter the time it usually takes a couple of good pots showing strong cards or folding 18 hands in a row something like that for folks to establish their opinion. Im always hoping not to get many strong hands for the 1st few rotations.

Personally I dont pay any attention to HUD stats with just a few hands on folks.

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the SNG's I play, it takes me 1 round trip. If you get a chance with a big hand, bet as you would bluffing and show your pockets ect.

That's how I establish my image at cash tables, but at the lower stakes it becomes very hard to get away with solid bluffs.

Good luck man.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what stakes do you play?

High enough, all the regs know each other, and fishes don't really pay attention to table image anyway.

D

Duke0424

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If youre playing low limits, I'm not sure how many people care to observe... but I'm guessing it would take two to three rounds.

bwrobbel

bwrobbel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely more than 10. I wouldn't say in one hand you can understand how a person plays. But with a larger number of hands you can see for sure whether or not they are tight or aggressive, and if they just like messing with you. If you are looking to build a good image early on, I would try not calling too much. Stay pretty firm with your card choices until you move up with your chip stack and up in the tournament or what have you.

J

Jared

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play an annoying donk strategy at sng's where I minimum raise every hand (unless already raised, in which case I fold) and minimum bet on the flop every hand for about 2-3 orbits, and fold whenever I'm raised, then I pretend 'sit out' and wait. This usually gives me a very firm table image as a large donkafish, and no-one believes anything I do, which is great. So when I return to the fray all guns blazing everyones ready for a feed of tuna, and let me lead the betting cheaply, all waiting to trap or push me off on the river. It can be risky, sometimes practically donating a 3rd of my stack to establish myself as a big fish, but the payoff is rewarding. And it's fun as hell, especially when players start mouthing off about the fish bad beating them.

But anyway, it takes me about 2 - 3 orbits to establish the image I'm after, maybe more if there's a lot of activity at the table that I'm not directly responsible for initiating.

D

DEdwardsNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly nl100 and 200 cash games and I'm general when I first sit down I raise a ton for the first 2-3 orbits and try to get in at least 1 or 2 3bets during that time so I can establish a maniacle image and then settle into my normal routine. Keeps people from folding to my 3bets when I finally pick up a big hand.