How To Make $30 Per Hour ($3000 Per Month)?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My ultimate goal in poker is to play 100 hours per month, and make a steady income by that, approximately $3000 per month.

Let's discuss what kind of requirements and skillset it needs to achieve that.

At what stakes we need to play? I play mostly NLHL cash games, but sometimes I have to change to different game types because of boredom, and that works fine for me, I can make a profit in every game I choose.

I list all the game formats I play.

1. NLHL cash game
2. PLO cash game
3. NLHL MTT
4. Spin & Go
5. HU Turbo
6. HU Hyper Turbo

At what stake I need to play in each game format to earn $30 per hour as a long-term?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi poker_bro. At what level are you playing now? You said, "I can make a profit in every game I choose." So what's the problem with doing what you do now? I mean, how much profit are you making now? I don't see how you will make $30 an hour, playing 3.3 hours each day, no matter what game you play. Maybe you are thinking about 100 hands a day, and even at that, 3,000 hands a month is not enough. I play about 220+ hours a month, which is about 7 hours a day. Have you even thought about the money you could lose in an hour of play time? Ask around for more advice. There are a lot of questions here to ask yourself. GL whatever you do

Last edited:
poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi poker_bro. At what level are you playing now? You said, "I can make a profit in every game choose." So what's the problem with doing what you do now? I mean, how much profit are you making now? I don't see how you will make $30 an hour, playing 3.3 hands each day, no matter what game you play. Have you even thought about the money you could lose in an hour of play time? Ask around for more advice. There are a lot of questions here to ask yourself. GL whatever you do

Not any problem. My profit is not important, or what level I play. I don't know how you calculated playing 3.3 hands per day. 3 hours per day includes 700-1000 hands (4 tabling holdem cash games).

I honestly have no idea what are you trying to say. "Money you could lose in an hour of play time"? Do you mean variance? Yes, I have cleared that by saying "long-term" in the initial message. I am looking for an answer about the hourly rate as long-term. Maybe 100k+ hands needed for that.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry. I meant 3.3 hours a day. And you didn't say you would be playing 4 tables at the time.

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry. I meant 3.3 hours a day. And you didn't say you would be playing 4 tables at the time.
And I already thought that 100 hours a week!) Don't joke so please! ))

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting topic. But I think this is a rather complicated action. The game is so inconsistent. The main thing is to be able to at least keep what you won, rather than try to increase it. In any case, we will monitor your progress.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My ultimate goal in poker is to play 100 hours per month, and make a steady income by that, approximately $3000 per month.

At what stakes we need to play? I play mostly NLHL cash games, but sometimes I have to change to different game types because of boredom, and that works fine for me, I can make a profit in every game I choose.

1. NLHL cash game
2. PLO cash game
3. NLHL MTT
4. Spin & Go
5. HU Turbo
6. HU Hyper Turbo

At what stake I need to play in each game format to earn $30 per hour as a long-term?
If you want to make 30$ per day, go to work.:))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making 3.000$ per month from online poker is unfortunately not easy at all. It require you to play at least mid stakes, be good enough to beat those games and then also put in some very substantial volume. Lets say for instance you play 100NL cash games. Then you need to win 30BI per month, and if your winrate is 3BB/100, thats 100.000 hands per month.

This require serious multitabling and long playing hours, and you need to be able to do this and still maintain that 3BB/100 winrate. A 3BB/100 winrate might sound modest, but you are going to be dealing with a lot of professional poker players at 100NL, who studies intensively using solvers and other software. So even being able to win at all is a fairly large achievement.

If I had to make a guess, I would say, that the easiest way to earn 3.000$ per month is to play NLH MTTs. But even then you will need to play mid stakes, and you will be playing in some fairly tough games and still need to put in substantial volume probably on multible poker sites at the same time. I dont think, it would be possible playing only on a site like 888 Poker, because there are simply just not enough mid stakes games running there.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck!

I'm only making a couple hundred a year.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the selection of 4 is the fastest and you won't get tired of it.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
If I made 30 dollars a day it would be super good that at the exchange of my currency it would be approximately 100 soles, with that you lead a very decent life, but to win that you have to be good at playing and at least play at medium levels I think that buyin of 10 dollars more and play every day to compensate, because there will be days that you lose and few days that you win, when you lose you lose if there are 10 dollars more you buy back there let's say 20 dollars but instead when a tournament is punctured if you take 30 40 or even 50 times the investment, but I repeat you have to be good and have mental strength when you are losing losing. and move on ..... I am far from playing those tournaments of that buyin but one day I will arrive one day and I will settle for 30 dollars a day. enough to live.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is very optimistic and I think it is unrealistic to think that for the simple fact that many factors are involved, variance, luck, and the fact that you are not a robot, you are going to make mistakes due to different circumstances:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

I

itsallgoodie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People are always so negative with answers to these kinds of questions. I mean I am not even close to that level but if you give it a shot and try to learn every aspect of the game and stay disciplined then why not? gl my friend

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

1. NLHL cash game
2. PLO cash game
3. NLHL MTT
4. Spin & Go
5. HU Turbo
6. HU Hyper Turbo

So 2 weeks later have you started to make any progress in that goal or ... ?!?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, first comes the great goal, then nothing else from them.

R

Reach2234

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1. NLHL cash game
2. PLO cash game
3. NLHL MTT
4. Spin & Go
5. HU Turbo
6. HU Hyper Turbo

its possibly to do that, I would want to make a substantial amount of money if i devoted my time to cash playing

tenk27

tenk27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1. NLHL cash game
2. PLO cash game
3. NLHL MTT
4. Spin & Go
5. HU Turbo
6. HU Hyper Turbo

It is very difficult to be precise. Sometimes you will lose and sometimes you will gain You never know what kind of hand can betray you! You can gain a lot and lose on a set of aces. It is impossible to say precisely that You can make money on poker or even a dollar:)

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1. NLHL cash game
2. PLO cash game
3. NLHL MTT
4. Spin & Go
5. HU Turbo
6. HU Hyper Turbo

You never can do it. You don't get the poker, math, probability, variance etc. Even the high stakes guys have half year bad beat minus series, i had too insane ones, 3 months great after almost half year nightmare.....

if you dont like the swings try to play mid stake multi sng, sng, double up sng, in a room where is a good leaderboard, rakeback system. Even there, i doubt you can manage it.

or try the CG on low/medium level, perhaps there it is possible, if you are really good.

Tourneys, PLO definitely not good for that, the swings are too wild.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
good luck
if you succed give us the recepie

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's possible to steadily get that kind of money every month. After all, even pro players sometimes play in the red for months. But if you can, then share with us).