How long would you last with 1G?

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this thing here is totally goal set, you are trying to make a certain amount and like I said in above post we are hitting and running. We dont want to sit with the guy we just beat and give him chance to come after us and take it back, we are hitting a certain goal at every table and then getting the hell out of there.

Ahhh... that's pretty much like how Chris Ferguson did the $1 to $20K experiment.

Basically using a short stack, not risking more than 5% of the BR, double up and leave. Except that for rampaging, the idea is to double up, go to the next limit, till you've achieved your ideal BR level.

Sounds very risky, even Fellknight got only as far as $700??

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do people always think so literally all the time?. I found on forums in general it always seems to happen, i meant after the downfall that you are going to have eventually playing this style, the next time you decide to start another rampaging session you may get lazy and decide to start from a higher amount each time thus increasing your losses, i guess im just scared ill fall into my old man's trap and be a slave to debt the rest of my life which is a scary thought. Anyway im going to lock myself out of this thread after your reply so ill stop ragging :p hehe

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is different though because of the set rules of playing each level with certain amount.

like with $50 you could just buy into 1/2 this you cant.

Oh allright. Yeah I'd be down for this but not just yet (I'm forcing myself to be careful with my BR until I can build it up a bit).

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhh... that's pretty much like how Chris Ferguson did the $1 to $20K experiment.

Basically using a short stack, not risking more than 5% of the BR, double up and leave. Except that for rampaging, the idea is to double up, go to the next limit, till you've achieved your ideal BR level.

Sounds very risky, even Fellknight got only as far as $700??

$700 from $5 aint bad and the contest you can stop at anytime like I said in the contest post no question asked.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only imagine how many "OMG I QUIT I LOST MY BANK ROLE IN 4 HANDZ :( :( :(" posts there are going to be in the brag/bad beat forum after a bunch of people decide rampaging is for them.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do people always think so literally all the time?. I found on forums in general it always seems to happen, i meant after the downfall that you are going to have eventually playing this style, the next time you decide to start another rampaging session you may get lazy and decide to start from a higher amount each time thus increasing your losses, i guess im just scared ill fall into my old man's trap and be a slave to debt the rest of my life which is a scary thought. Anyway im going to lock myself out of this thread after your reply so ill stop ragging :p hehe

no offense but if you have that little self control I don't think playing poker is a good idea for you.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only imagine how many "OMG I QUIT I LOST MY BANK ROLE IN 4 HANDZ :( :( :(" posts there are going to be in the brag/bad beat forum after a bunch of people decide rampaging is for them.

yea lets make a siderule for them, if $5 is your bankroll don't do this contest! :eek:

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I kept the 1.5k, I have more cash in pocket than I have on any

poker site. I'm not going to advertise how much I do have:) , but usually

online I get to a certain point then cash out everything. Kind of a

supersticous thing for myself. Anyways, I'd just thought about depositing

1k then trying the system at a higher limit.

I would like see video if it is contested. GL to everyone just remember it's

not for the faint hearted, you are supposed to wager your whole bankroll.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I kept the 1.5k, I have more cash in pocket than I have on any

poker site. I'm not going to advertise how much I do have:) , but usually

online I get to a certain point then cash out everything. Kind of a

supersticous thing for myself. Anyways, I'd just thought about depositing

1k then trying the system at a higher limit.

I would like see video if it is contested. GL to everyone just remember it's

not for the faint hearted, you are supposed to wager your whole bankroll.

in the original version by I think Tao of poker yes but in fellknights version its not.

copied from his blog

First of all, a disclaimer: The "true" rampage involves putting your entire bankroll on the line at once and attempting this massive parlay. I do not recommend this. Let's say you have only $100 in your bankroll, and normally play $0.05/$0.10 NL. Your goal is $1000 so you can play $0.50/$1 comfortably. How long would it take you to grind up to $1000? A LONG DAMN TIME that's how long! Now, let's say we take a higher risk, but higher reward path to the top?

I present to you: The "Diet Coke" of rampages (coined by XaQ Morphy)

With this $100, take $5 and sit at a $0.10/$0.25 table. Do not be intimated by the higher stakes.

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry I didn't mean bankroll, I meant the table buy in

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
none taken, but im not saying i don't have self control problems but i've seen what money can do to people that's all it ended up taking my father's life so unless you have some other empty condescending remark to make i guess i will stay away from this thread.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
none taken, but im not saying i don't have self control problems but i've seen what money can do to people that's all it ended up taking my father's life so unless you have some other empty condescending remark to make i guess i will stay away from this thread.

thought you were already going to do that :)

you need to calm down a little though, no one is personally attacking you all I can go by is what you post. Hell you might be the most in control guy/girl in the world but how am I supposed to know that?

this whole system is designed to gamble with a very very very small starting buy in and working it up to a set amount you want. And if it dosent work trying it again with same small buy in. If someone has zero control and puts on $10 and goes to .25/.50 that is same thing as starting at .10/.25 with $5 only thing is you are risking double. If you want to do that more power to you but as for contest its not allowed.

But that total lack of self control is nothing we as a community can control and that person is going to do that with or without this contest in the long run. That person is most likely doing that before this contest anyway.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did this but made sure to make enough to pocket the buy-in for the level I was on and then move up to the next level.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well sadly I hovered for 10 hands waiting to rampage and went busto! lol

raise in front of me, im all in with AQ, called by A8. :eek:

8 on flop, game over. :eek:

Last edited:
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well sadly I hovered for 10 hands waiting to rampage and went busto! lol

raise in front of me, im all in with AQ, called by A8. :eek:

8 on flop, game over. :eek:

rebuy $5 rinse repeat.

thats why it works well you get called by A8

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey im sorry about all that just had a long night with the mrs so im a lil hot headed in general :p hehe anyway im out of this thread :p scouts honour :p lol.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey im sorry about all that just had a long night with the mrs so im a lil hot headed in general :p hehe anyway im out of this thread :p scouts honour :p lol.

np welcome to the forum glad you have joined.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i went busto i wasnt sure whether to rebuy there or try another table?

hmmmm,

Im thinking try different table because you dont want respect and you just showed down AQ.

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I would even sit at an empty table and wait for a couple people to join-lower limits
higher limits you want to watch table % and averages

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea lets make a siderule for them, if $5 is your bankroll don't do this contest! :eek:

LET's DO IT!!! Everyone starts with $5!! We'll see how far each of us gets. Maybe you wanna start a new thread, set a date to start and when the challenge ends?

Let's do a rampage race!!!

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol yea i lost my bankroll in the first han QQ.