How i will SHAG you at the poker table.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most common type of player I see at the Poker tables are the TAG(Tight Aggressive). I initialy found these players very hard to beat, but after some expierimentation i have found that SHAG(long-handed ring game) and LHAG(Short-handed ring game) are the best two strategies (in my opinion lol u may dissagree) for winning the money quickly and consistently.

After you actually read my ideas and strategy i would love to know wht you think and any imput you would like to make or any questions.

SHAG-long handed strategy

SHAG mean super tight/hyper aggressive.
So essentially you play very very few hands because the only thing you do once you have decided to play a hand is raise either 3 times the current bet or the pot depending a few factors; your opponent-is he a calling station or very weak and will fold to a small bet unless he has a very strong hand.

At no point using this strategy will u be calling anyones bet, you will raise it or fold your cards. This enables you to get in alot of money when your ahead and save alot with average hands such as top pair bad kicker.

This strategy requires a large bankroll, large balls/heart if your a lady to cope with the large swings and often being all-in. I would sugest also that you start using this startegy in PL Hold'em rather than NL to limit your swings a bit to start with.

LHAG-short handed strategy

This works best with 2-4 opponents and basically its the same as SHAG but with loose staring hand selection rather than tight, you will stil bet the same way but reading your opponents and position play a much larger role.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused:

umm ok....yea.

isn't this basically the same thing as TAG and LAG, 3 betting opponents when you have a hand and folding when you don't....brilliant! damn genius even!

why do you consider 3 betting as hyper aggressive, that should be a normal play in any players play book. Hell we talk about it constantly in the HA section.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea but the never call tactic makes you appear hyper aggressive allowing yo you to pick up alot easy pots oh and I should have put in there that you are betting the pot at every flop yo go to.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused:

umm ok....yea.

isn't this basically the same thing as TAG and LAG, 3 betting opponents when you have a hand and folding when you don't....brilliant! damn genius even!

why do you consider 3 betting as hyper aggressive, that should be a normal play in any players play book. Hell we talk about it constantly in the HA section.

The post above answers the first bit of your post and yea i consider three betting every hand hper agressive, it is probably because I was a very weak payer to start of with.

It just basically my revised version of TAG and LAG just putting it out there so be nice:D.