How I Look for Ring Games

F

FinalTable

Total posts
I'd like some ideas on this.

For me, I play at AP, and I look for rings games that I think are prime for exploiting. I look for pots that are relatively small and I look for ones where a high % of players see the flop.
This tells me two things - that the action preflop is dismal and even post flop, not a lot of action. So probably a table with REALLY weak tight players. I also like tables where there is no "real" deep stack that is bullying the table. This means I can come in and raise preflop and steal blinds or raise some and get callers and then play aggressive post flop.

At a table now that fits that category. Have been raising a lot and stealing hands - now one player has gotten mad and is trying to play back. So now I tighten up and when does that I can stack him. I find if I go to tables where a lot of preflop action is going on, I have to play tight. When I get a hand, I may stack easier, but it takes longer and I don't get to play as many hands.

What do you look for? Do you like a table with a lot of action pre/post flop or a big stack at the table?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
I also play at AP quite often, and I look for very much the same things you do, especially a high seen-flop percentage.

I am also wary of a table where there is an especially large stack, unless I can sit directly on his left.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Total posts
seems like that style fits you best. most players look for juicy pots with lots of people in it and just play nit

C

Cheesus666

Total posts
I like to look for those ultra deep stacks at small blind tables, those that have like 5x the max table buyin, and then I play super agressive against everyone but the big stack. The other players at the table are usually already intimidated by him and I can take advantage of them, and then use my loose image vs. the deep stack. Table position is critical.

B

bw07507

Legend
Total posts
I go for highest percentage preflop and most money in the pot, then I just sit and wait, sometimes for quite awhile and play only premium hands. I raise big preflop and if I hit a hand I bet it hard. At the tables with a high percentage of players to the flop and big pots mean people there are really loose which fits my very tight style. Also, at the limits I play, no one is paying attention to me, so even when I play 1 out of 20 hands I still get no respect for a raise, which I like.

calibanboy

calibanboy

Total posts
I go for highest percentage preflop and most money in the pot, then I just sit and wait, sometimes for quite awhile and play only premium hands. I raise big preflop and if I hit a hand I bet it hard. At the tables with a high percentage of players to the flop and big pots mean people there are really loose which fits my very tight style. Also, at the limits I play, no one is paying attention to me, so even when I play 1 out of 20 hands I still get no respect for a raise, which I like.

Also, quite often these stats are driven by 1 or 2 players that do not know what they are doing. be sure to leave this table when they do :)

pokernut

pokernut

Total posts
^^^^^ That is where pokertracker and pahud come in major handy.

Top 10 Games