How do you play a Ultra loose/ Ultra Aggressive Player?

A

Aleeki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We play a live game every week (8 player tourney) and there is 1 guy that is Ultra loose and Ultra aggressive.

When i say ultra loose, i mean he will play pretty much any suited cards especially when in the blinds and there has been a raise because he says he like to 'defend' them.

The problem is he is sooooooo lucky! all the time it feels like.

Generally this play would be unprofitable over time but he has won like 4 weeks in a row! And his luck is just amazing.

If he's on a flush draw he will rarely miss and if he plays 2 random cards he seems to hit a good flop a hell of a lot.

If it was good play then i would have no qualms - but it not!

Position means nothing too him, neither do raises from other players.

He states himself that he will play what he has in his hand and thats all. He is oblivious to anything else thats going on.

I'm sure this 'lucky' streak will end but it just seems to continue.

I have been heads up with him the last 2 weeks and each time we get to an all in hand I have the better of him and he sucks out on the river or in some wierd and wonderful way.

I know in my own mind that his luck will run out but it is just soo frustrating for everyone at the table. It feels like everytime we are in a hand with him (which is most hands) that we may as well just flip a coin and hope for the best.

Just a one example of a hand that we saw last nite.....

Hero: K K

Villian: 6d 4d (Big Blind)

*Hero raises preflop to 6 times the BB.
*Villian says, 'ill defend' and calls.
*Flop comes 2d 8c 10d

*Hero bets the pot
*Villian says 'i love this game' and calls

*Turn 3d

.....and the rest is history....

A

abinferno

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, you are playing him correctly. Get your money in with the best hand and you will win in the long run. I know it seems like people go on outrageous luck streaks, and they happen, but he will go bust. You know the guy is a donkey calling station, so don't try to bluff him. Wait 'till you get a hand and pop. Eventually, it will pay off.

J

jmiller218

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It may also seem as though he is getting lucky more often then you because he is playing more hands. But like the previous reply you need to just keep getting your money in with the best of it and you WILL comeout on top.

A

Aleeki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope so.....

It just feels like i'm fighting a losing battle. I guess i'll just keep playing tight, aggressive and hopefully next week I can boast on here that he got knocked out early !!

V

Viper_T1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a big pair, bet it, and miss the flop, I slow down. Even if I still have top pair, I examine the flop for suited cards, connectors, or pairs, as they create dangerous flops. In this day of Gus, Gavin, and all the others on TV, taking pots with rags, you have to figure that there's a possibility that someone, or the one you're in the pot with has either hit with that crap, or gotten a draw. Even if they've only got a double draw, they figure they have outs, and since it's a freeroll, betting big doesn't work against them. Besides, since it's a freeroll, what do they have loose, especially when they can steal some real money from a better player.