robertboz

robertboz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It depends on the opponent, it depends on the tower and the river and in most cases aggressive play

B

bonanza337

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depence from sitiuation evert time is diferent way to play
e

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive, because it is a strong and fragile hand at the same time, you have value but depending the case a stronger game, full house e.g, can be formed down your nose and you lose a lot of stacks, playing it aggressive will protect you and block your opponents to make stronger games than yours, is important to have a strong Pre-Flop bet.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If I made set on the flop they only way I would play it is Bet, Bet and Bet again, it only comes to a real decision if at some point, and I am raised or shoved all-in on, at some point along the way, then I would have to consider whether I am being bluffed, or he actually has me beat?
On-line there is no way to know, because you have been taking the initiative and betting all the way, In a Live game however I would study my opponent hard, to see if I am reading his body language correctly.
I have had to let set's go in some situations, I have even folded better hand's like Straight's and flushes, on the River knowing I was beat, other time's I have called, Win or Lose, it really does not matter that much, it only matter's that you are still in the race, and have a chance of winning the game.
That is why Poker is so much fun.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not really a difficult situation. A set is the perfectly in the middle of a hand. Yes , you have value, but on most boards, there is going to be a chance for stronger hands if you get to the river. I will play it aggressively, especially in micro or lower stakes. People will never fold if you give them a "free" street. Heck some won't fold ever, LOL.

One trick in the lower limits, if you are playing a bet, bet, line and then you get raised or shoved on, it is a good chance a calling station just got there ? So sometimes you must fold a hand that seems strong.

As always good luck on the tables, unless, of course, I am on the table also.:D

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, I do it aggressively... AA, KK or QQ always all in :)

have a nice day :)

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally tend to find non premium sets very equitable when there is paint or an ace on the flop as so many players will chase any 2 pair /better if they hit a premium pair on the first three community cards.

Depending on my table image/position and the image/actions of my opponent - this will dictate how i play my set, trapping can be really beneficial to play this to the river just by calling and taking value all the way but the danger for this is mainly players who fish for a flush - im always wary of this and will make a player bet for their tourney life if i feel they need the one card for a flush or an open ended straight.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are many opponents - then aggressively, if against one aggressor - then I call it.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always play my sets aggressively, only the size of the pot depends on what style of play my opponent has. If he himself is the aggressor, then I, on the contrary, do on the flop, on the turn I put a small bet in response, and on the river I go all-in, of course, if there are no obvious flushes and straights.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This goes for MTTs too. This is a simple question. How do you all play a set post-flop, on the turn, and on the river? That is if it goes that far. I guess a lot would depend on the cards on the table. I mostly slow play a set post-flop, and pick up speed toward the river. I sure don't play them too aggressive and run all players out of the hand. Anyway, how about you all?

THAT DEPENDS A LOT ON THE CARDS AND POSITION INVOLVED, BUT IN GENERAL I TRIPLE THE BET AT THE BEGINNING, AFTER SEEING THE FLOP, I CHECK, WHEN THE RIVER TURN IS ALWAYS DOUBLE.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on many factors, on a dangerous flop a small set out of position I will almost always play through a check-raise, a senior set in position can already be played less aggressively and put (or call) all-in already on the river, again there are situations when a set it will be possible to fold on the turn or river given the structure of the board