How to deal with people who constantly go all in

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the best thing that can happen to you, they are the maniacs who leave several dollars on the table, because they could be lucky and win some times, but that luck will not always be there. The best thing is to be willing to extend the range a little by paying with hands that have good connectivity and are high, a crazy person like that would pay Axs, Kxs, 66+, JTs +. I estimate that that rank would be the winner against that type of rival, I hope the advice will serve you. regards

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I change my strategy to an ultra tigth game, so if I go all-in against him I will have the odds in my favor.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should keep calm and only play if a good hand. They try to destabilize you

B

Brendan22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
This is a particularly frustrating phenomenon on the wsop on-line "free" game. Many people go on there as a low-cost means of developing their game in a friendly environment. You play a lot of hands and learn quickly, I think. However, there's a small number of idiots who come into the on-line tables with small-ish stacks but vast chip reserves behind their stacks (they just automatically replenish the stack when they bust) and then go all-in, repeatedly (sometimes exclusively). I'm not sure what they get out of it - but it seems that they may just enjoy ruining the experience for others. Having read the comments above, it seems to me that the options are still the ones that other people have mentioned - waiting them out or leaving the table. Sadly in that on-line environment, you can't just wait until they bust - because they may bust a dozen times and just keep going all-in: they only need to beat you once to ruin your game, so playing tight isn't really an answer, either. The thing about Poker that makes it such a brilliant strategy game is that your odds are never so good that you can be confident of taking these idiots down consistently - in practice, in the last couple of days I have lost "blind" all-ins while holding A/A and other premium hands - and when the idiot's cards are exposed, you find they went all-in with 2/3 offsuit and lucked onto two more twos.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi..

How do you deal with people that go all in pre-flop on every round. This happens lots on the small values tables and annoys the crap out of me, and what annoys me the most is that they usually end up winning... What I have been doing is waiting for some good cards and then calling them, but this usually ends up in me loosing, or loosing so much in blinds waiting for the good cards that i run out of chips.

Pete
I think it’s just worth ignoring them, such players are amateurs who came for emotions sooner or later they will fly out, you just need to wait for such players and catch it, it’s also cool that there are such players:):)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Tight-aggressive style is inherent in strong players. Such a person has initiative pressure and extreme caution, waging a psychological and mathematical “war” with other players at once. However, with the constant use of this line of behavior, the components of the game become readable for the opponent. When sitting down at the card table or starting to invest, I recommend that you first of all try to calculate all the risks and rewards. Never give up, upgrade your skills, and I am sure that you will get the main win.

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I too am super annoyed by the all-ins, even in a cash game it is not a race and many fish do not realize that people want to actually play poker not flip a coin. I generally sit and wait. I will watch my opponents timing and find out if they are targeting someone specific at the table, then you can isolate them, or when they make a mistake you take full advantage. They are usually more susceptible to calling all in when you have the nuts. I can't say I don't like a maniac, sometimes as other people do end up falling for their tactics. When I sit back and watch it can be satisfying to watch people getting knocked out by suckers. In the case of everyone else calling all in I just laugh. I have folded AK and AQ to these maniacs and I know I can find better positions and opponents. When I'm in the right position and getting right value I will take risks when in my favor.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi..

How do you deal with people that go all in pre-flop on every round. This happens lots on the small values tables and annoys the crap out of me, and what annoys me the most is that they usually end up winning... What I have been doing is waiting for some good cards and then calling them, but this usually ends up in me loosing, or loosing so much in blinds waiting for the good cards that i run out of chips.

Pete
I use that strategy and believe it's the best way to go, in the long term, that's very profitable to play against these players. However if you have a short BR, then, it's cash game, just go to another table.

I wait for a suited A or a high pair and just call them. Assuming the all ins are pre-flop. if post flop I will call with any top pair or flush draw..

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You're thinking correctly. Be patient and wait for a strong hand. If card dead, bad luck.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
be patient and call him with AA

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I wait for you, and I pay when I have a pair or a strong hand

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Against these maniacal players there is no other option than to wait for a premium hand or at least a semi-premium one, and when you can pay you pay him and if at the moment of lowering the hands you have the odds Do not worry in your favor because in the long run you are winning and if you play a lot of poker the variance is going to be in your favor, it is a matter of time before you leave those players on the canvas.

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi..

Pete
I totally understand how you feel because they annoy me too. I feel like they always get rewarded for their recklessness and like you after waiting for the good hands I don't hit. They do.
I would say to you though that they would seem like they are being rewarded on the few rounds they play against you, but in the long game, over time you would be better off. They have more bad beats than you because they play more hands. You may miss a few hands but you cannot play evey hand. It just does not make sense. Keep waiting and in the long run you will be rewarded.

On the other hand, you must learn to mix up your play. Take position and other things into consideration when playing so you know when to call the shoving mad man.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
First of all, if a player goes constantly all-in, try to keep calm and don't tilt. He could may be running hot, pushing with real hands, so you don't have much to do. If he's a maniac, and you got a read, try to push with hands that have some equity > 35% vs his range. You can simulate hands with equitylab and see what hands do have the best chances vs a shoving range of 50% or 60%.

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Experience shows that no strategies work with maniacs, this is a matter of luck.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
choose a strong range to catch these opponents

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Hi..

Pete
Sometimes people tend to go on runs maybe 🤔 they get pocket fives or AK or even 22 so to protect their hand 🤚 they go all in but if you can get even a bigger pocket pair they are a big underdog and have to get lucky 🍀 trust me they don’t last long and that’s poker any two cards 🃏 can win 🥇 pre flop so you want to be the one with most equity and the best hand 🤚 wish you all the luck 🍀 in the world 🌎.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love these guys. Wait for a good hand and call.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi..

Pete
play like them :)

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wait to good hand and call him

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm just patiently waiting for good cards. All an adequate player can do in such a situation is simply to be patient and disciplined.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothing has changed since 2007, when this topic appeared), we wait for a good hand and call

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Without reading the rest of the thread..it depends on your bankroll. If you've used Pokerstove then you can make your decisions accordingly. GG has "all-in or fold" which is basically jam or fold which is what you described. You can make money here by knowing the math and knowing when to make your play..usually when the more greedy players start getting involved. Keep cool and ride the roller coaster if you can..