HOW 2 SPOT A BLUFF

R

rfdouggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your choice

there is only 1 way to sniff out a bluff really and that is to call!! If u suspect that something is up go with your gut. But be careful that your not "marrying" second and third best hands and not wanting to lay down because this particular player has put a prior beat on you. On-line it's betting patterns that are the only tell that you can use. Some will have the goods and others will be caught but it's up too you to catch the bluffer the only thing you have to ask yourself is it worth calling to find out!!:confused:

S

smithtown1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play like it when they try and bluff me, because so often i am playing position and will come over the top of any bluff. Thats the way i like to play against the bluffers.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just a guess, but my experience tells me that when you think someone is bluffing they never are, and when you give them credit for aces they flip over 2-3 o/s and show the huge bluff to laugh about for the next hour. Just a guess but thats how life seems to go online lol

Oh, but if they are there for an hour after that then chances are I will have made the laughing stop.

But I know what you mean.

cAPS

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing that I have learned so far as to bluffing is don't play the part of the sheriff, or the guy who sniffs out bets. It is just safer to fold your weak pair and get the possible bluffer later when you have better cards. It's okay to get bluffed, it happens to everyone

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing that I have learned so far as to bluffing is don't play the part of the sheriff, or the guy who sniffs out bets. It is just safer to fold your weak pair and get the possible bluffer later when you have better cards. It's okay to get bluffed, it happens to everyone
Gotta agree with you. Better to get bluffed out now and again. Don't be too stubborn when you have a weak pair, even serial bluffers and donks get lucky now and again.

M

MFaith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also say the chance of a bluff increases as the blinds get bigger. Also, look for very loose-aggressive type of players as they will be making a higher percentage of bluffs.

R

RazzleDazzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it can be hard to catch a bluff online just because it is so easy to shift your betting pattern... if you think about it, if you have a good hand, your gonna wanna alter your betting pattern to confuse the other people at your table. But thats not to say that I haven't caught people bluffing, but typically when I do catch them, its because I have a hand

N

NewHill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patterns

Unfortunatley we don't get the luxury of looking at our opponent dead in their eyes and making an accurate read based on a facial tick.So you have to really pay attention to betting patterns and how they react when they have the goods or if they're laying it on thick with a bluff.Just pay attention when your not in the hand to how the other players at the table bet.Some sites even offer a notebook so you can make notes on players which is very helpful if you are going to frequent the same kinds of tournaments.

M

mitchellz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have notices that you have to watch the players tendency. Is he try grab every pot'? Did he over bet trying to get players off the hand? Was there a flush draw that did not come? But sometimes it is just a feeling.

danny021

danny021

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With online poker.. you can't spot bluffs via tells.. But certainly, you can read weakness in your opponents from the actions observed. If you're playing against a super aggresive player who raises the flop regardless of if he hits or not, if you have a decent hand or the nuts, he's probably bluffing. Its one thing to put your opponents on a bluff, but you need a hand to play a buff. Say you re-raise someone you think is bluffing and he puts you all in, you cannot commit unless you actually flopped something.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya, if you can always spot a bluff you'd be a mind reader. i hate being bluffed, especially if i have a hand. i've watched pros get beat out by a bluff and it hurts me just as much as them. but sometimes the chance is to risky, even if you noted the opp's moves, they can still be on a hand at anytime, other wise being known to bluff, wouldn't work. they mix up thier game if they're good so you never know. i go by my gut and if it's not to risky, lose all my amo, don't want to do that.

bylly3

bylly3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is easier bluff experienced players than inexperienced players because experienced players pay little bets ,but if they do not catch a card they fold,while playing with inexperienced players is more difficult because they do not take any risk of their cards.