Hourly rate

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just watched a youtube video where the professional player commentator is claiming to be winning 10 BBs/hr except in $5-$10 NLH. I suppose that's only possible if you play against weak players consistently. Anyone hqave any thoughts on this topic?

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watched a you tube video where the professional player commentator is claiming to be winning 10 BBs/hr except in $5-$10 NLH. I suppose that's only possible if you play against weak players consistently. Anyone have any thoughts on this topic?
That is certainly possible but consistency is going to be the issue. Players are more spread out now unlike 5-10 yrs ago where PS was the only option.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See when this record is made. If the record is old then at this time the theory is outdated. Now the priority in the map has changed, which means that the numbers are different.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's makes no sense to rate poker like that...It's not a job where it's a fixed rate we talk about here, what's up with the variance and what about a long term conclusions. We, as not pro players, should not be worried too much about hourly rate, it will most definitely put an extra pressure on our game and that's exactly what we certainly don't need. I'd like to know who was a genius who invented hourly structure of his profit in the game of poker

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

A hundred bucks an hour on 5 10 hold em. Well I guess I can see that if you counted cards and hit your cards frequently. This is because once you had chips you could all in survive the blow next all in you win and take their chips.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watched a youtube video where the professional player commentator is claiming to be winning 10 BBs/hr except in $5-$10 NLH. I suppose that's only possible if you play against weak players consistently. Anyone hqave any thoughts on this topic?

Completely bullshit, if he indeed have an edge than a reasonable win rate will be 1-2 BB/100 hands

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wanted feedback on the subject to see if there might be any truth to his claims.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live game Low stakes it is quite possible to attain 10BB/hr, but equivalent online stake it is next to impossible unless the site is exceptionally weak.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to Google, 10 BB/hr win rate for a good poker player is about right. I can't speak from personal experience since I have neither a win rate or a loss rate myself :)

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to Google, 10 BB/hr win rate for a good poker player is about right. I can't speak from personal experience since I have neither a win rate or a loss rate myself :)

Thanx. That's really all I wished to know. That it was quite possible at low No Limit stakes.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
dumbest thing i heard of
so it's like a job paid by the hour?
it's a card game with luck a huge component!