Heads up strategy when you have a junk hand on the flop

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most hands are this in heads up, now im sure if they fold easy, bet, if they dont then check and fold. I feel like the check fold is quite exploitable so how often should i bluff. I know a board texture like K72 rainbow is a straight forward one, on a wet board I'd probably get away from, what do you think guys :) btw i play microstakes and win more than half the time but want to ge winning more haha :)

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's impossible to answer your question because every opponent is different. You just have to improve your game by learning stuff like gameplans, barreling, check-raising, pot controls, floating etc etc. Poker is not that simple that you cbet dry boards and give up on wet boards. There are too many factors you have to consider and even writing a book wouldn't cover everyting.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to learn your opponent in a HU match. Usually you can know within the first few hands what kind of opponent you're up against.

If you are up against a calling station then bluffing isn't the best gameplan as if you are aginst a very aggressive player. Against these players you want to tread carefully unless you have some piece of the board.

If you are against a tight, passive player then you need to be the aggressor.

If you sit down with someone and can't figure out what kind of player they are then they are likely a good player who mixes up their play and I would leave the table unless you want to be in a -EV situation.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands