Hand analysis

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop faces two players calling, and the turn comes to Ac. When the flush is not completed, is it appropriate for me to bet on the turn?

In the face of the big blind's minimum raise, is my flat call reasonable?
At that time, the big blind was predicted to have a range of 3.

Let discuss it and give some advice!!!

Thanks

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/5q1aPCbE

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Post to the cash games hand analysis section of the forum with questions like this!

If you put him on exactly A3s you're drawing to a boat for the win. You hit about 23% of the time and you get +- 17% pot odds. Even in the worst case scenario you get a profitable call. Factor in implied odds of you hitting, and all the top pair and two pair combo's he's reraising it's a very easy call. Nice hand.

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks.
I am a freshman on cardchat lol….

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Very small open size but whatever. As long as you do this with all your hands, its not a big issue.

Flop
A flopped straight is already possible, but I would still bet for value with a set.

Turn
The ace brings a 1-liner, but on balance I still think, its ok to bet. Their range will also contain a lot of AX, because AX flopped a gutshot, and when that hand made top pair, they are probably paying at least one bet. I also dont think, they should have that much 3X in their range. 33, A3s and 43s makes sense, but other than that its starting to become a very loose call preflop. When you get raised, its not ideal, but as others have said, you are getting close to direct odd to call, even if he always have a straight, so folding is certainly out of the question.

River
Here is, where I strongly disagree with your line. The board has paired essentially giving you the nuts, and when SB checks to you, you simply HAVE to bet for value. You got very lucky, that it was CO, who had the straight, and that he now bet it for value owning himself. But if CO does not play like a total moron, then he almost always check back here, and missing out on 62BB of value is a total disaster. 62BB might be your entire winrate over 1.000 hands or more, so it takes hours of play to compensate for this one mistake, if CO checks back.

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Very small open size but whatever. As long as you do this with all your hands, its not a big issue.

Flop
A flopped straight is already possible, but I would still bet for value with a set.

Turn
The ace brings a 1-liner, but on balance I still think, its ok to bet. Their range will also contain a lot of AX, because AX flopped a gutshot, and when that hand made top pair, they are probably paying at least one bet. I also dont think, they should have that much 3X in their range. 33, A3s and 43s makes sense, but other than that its starting to become a very loose call preflop. When you get raised, its not ideal, but as others have said, you are getting close to direct odd to call, even if he always have a straight, so folding is certainly out of the question.

River
Here is, where I strongly disagree with your line. The board has paired essentially giving you the nuts, and when SB checks to you, you simply HAVE to bet for value. You got very lucky, that it was CO, who had the straight, and that he now bet it for value owning himself. But if CO does not play like a total moron, then he almost always check back here, and missing out on 62BB of value is a total disaster. 62BB might be your entire winrate over 1.000 hands or more, so it takes hours of play to compensate for this one mistake, if CO checks back.

Multi-way pot I assume someone has fd, on the turn I just call ,so I check on the river.
Maybe someone will bluff misdraw.
Thx your reply, I’ll consider more

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands