Chips
You're a beast! Good job

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice run Hack. Also, thanks for posting your sn and thank you to the guy who posted the tourney ID. I was watching the Panthers game and kind of forgot about railing you after I tried it the first time.
Anyway, congrats on the money. It always sucks to bust out no matter what the place, but that was a pretty sweet run.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[x] makes two 2k+ scores

well done though zach, sick to see.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn out in 183rd good run still tilting to be so close to life-changing money and come up short. Cashed for $2477.10 ram I'll just send you 5% of that since you sent me 5% of what you won I think and we'll be square. Thanks for the rail :)

Grats on the decent score and yeah, always is tilting so close yet so far. There's always the wcoop in 2-3 weeks though. ;)

Ok thanks, received!

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome run Zack, congrats on the cash. Did quite well in the MTT's the weekend, two nice scores.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
k haven't posted here in awhile. Kinda playing low volume but just running really bad and playing even worse. Super questioning like everything and really need to do some work. I'm 3.5kish vpps away from supernova gonna try to get that pretty soon and then study for a few days nonstop. In a ****ing terrible mindset to start sne and if I still feel like this come January 1st I'm not sure it'll even be smart to start trying to get sne. I seriously almost never tilt and I just looked at my results and I'm up for the month (nfi how) but just feeling like my game's shit haven't had a winning session in forever was +3 bi today almost quit to book the win but realized it was ****ing retarded then snap lose 7 bi (it started off with simultaneous KK < AA on 2/4 of my tables) and like it's not just the runbad it's the fact that I get into so many spots where I feel I have no idea what their range is and I always guess completely wrong. It's like I'm getting barreled the **** out of in a lot of spots but when I call they have it and when I slowplay they suddenly stop barreling. I realize it's just all in my head and that's the part that tilts me.

Anyway like I said I'm going to probably just power through the hands to get sn hopefully can just run normal/not play too terribly/break even for a bit while I get it been playing 100nl (might be worse because I get even more tilted when I feel like I'm playing losing poker at a limit I feel I'm better than almost everyone at, but that's a horrible mindset and I seriously need to make sure my ego's out of it) so it's like 12k hands of that I think to get nova? If I can just play and not tilt should be easily able to get it in 2 days, then I'll have 5 days to just do nothing but study poker and get my head back on straight.

Anyway sorry for the emo/depressing post but I figure I have a responsibility to post about my downs as well as my ups. Hopefully the ups will outnumber the downs and I can be successful in my challenge but sometimes poker can just suck, and this is one of those times.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think posting about the bad stuff is pretty key, and being honest with yourself that it's not 100% run bad helps keep you on the right track. So much of what you've just said rings so true with me recently as well. I haven't played nearly your volume so it's less significant, but the last 4 or 5 times I've tried to play have just gone awful. The biggest thing I think is when I run into tops of ranges a lot I start questioning whether my call downs were even okay to begin with, because it seems like I'm just getting crushed every time.

But yeah. Some of it's play bad too. Like getting it in with top two when a nitty played 3bet the turn and could literally only have a set. Trying to take a step back myself and focus on making good decisions. Thinking about like 2-tabling for a while to start making +EV plays again and just focusing more intently on each table.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For what its worth, I was where you are right not for a veryyy long time . Im not talking about just a session, or a month, im talking about for like maybe 4 months.Of course i was playing bad and i don't know if that's the case for you.

In general though, id recommend tightening up your ranges and cutting down on some of the unnecessary aggression in order to avoid these marginal spots and negative variance.

Also putting pressure on yourself to achieve goals such as SNE or whatever, can definitely IMO lead to bad decisions or ""thin"" plays, which would maybe not be needed .
It also could be that you are so good that you outthink yourself or give villains credit for being better than what they actually are leading you to make "wrong" reads,just cause villain is not thinking the way you are.

just some thoughts.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there as well. If you looked at some of my old posts you would see a similar mindstate being displayed when I was posting hands & asking for advice. Might be best to do shorter sessions over the next few days and keep to playing when you feel up to it.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with it!

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread shows that you should move to MTTs.

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general though, id recommend tightening up your ranges and cutting down on some of the unnecessary aggression in order to avoid these marginal spots and negative variance.

Obv I'm playing lower stakes than you, but I'd agree with vinylspiros on this, but I would add that this can be in part a temporary measure for you until confidence and reading clarity returns.

Good luck with turning it around and the study plan sounds good for recalibrating and clearing the head!

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a thread. Keep working at it, keep your head up (or down, at the computer!) and just realize that how far you've come is already impressive. Good luck next year too!

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the good words. As illogical as it may seem, I did play a ~500-hand session today and snapquit when I got up 3 buy-ins.

The bigger problem with tightening up is that I think a lot of my bad play is due to me being nitty in a lot of spots. I've almost completely stopped flatting 4-bets other than super obvious spots and have tightened up a bit preflop but honestly that's why I want to go through hands just to see if I'm over-estimating how often I'm getting run over in some spots maybe there are some spots I'm actually getting run over and don't know it?

And yeah **** mtts rather go work at McDonalds.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is such a soul crushing yet addictive game and actually the only game that makes me tilt and get slightly upset with results. I feel the same way, coolered to shit, I get crushed all the time and constantly feel I'm being outplayed by regs. I make nitty folds and then light calls constantly all at the wrong times, where as in normal 6max games I fair a bit better. Could just be sample size that I dunno, either way - I still continue playing zoom...

Also - agree with johnny, mtt's are the way forward :p Seriously though, I hope you manage to sort out what's happening on your side I would love to rail this thread for a full year to see you make sne, but would be understandable if you choose not to. GL!

Last edited:
hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
k since that post haven't had a losing session lol. I think I'm playing well and running well and even though it's a short stint at least my confidence isn't completely down the drain. Anyway I'm 2479 vpps from nova atm. Goal is to hit 2k away tonight then get the other 2k tomorrow giving me 2 days completely off where I can do some studying/meditating/watching rounders in preparation for supernova. I'll probably end up going to a new year's party and getting wasted so probably won't be starting right at midnight but I think other than that gonna try to basically take as few days off as I can in January, not really drink much, and get ahead of pace.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gogogogogogo. Thats the spirit.

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, watching Rounders will definitely help lol
Best of luck!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching Rounders is always +EV imo.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a48e69a633b20ba40d10e3f45257f7fc.png

So close. Won a few buy-ins again tonight, running good and games are good as shit, hopefully that keeps going in the new year. Hoping to put in a good few sessions tomorrow and close out nova. I'll probably use fpps to play the million too, got like 213k fpps now so when I hit nova I'll have enough to pay for that milly ticket plus 2 100k bonuses for 3.2k cash.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't make it tonight, spent too much time watching football. 800ish away gonna make it tomorrow for sure.

Organize a Home Poker Game