grinding the .01/.02

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since Ive taken a hit to my brm, i'm going back to grinding at the .01/.02 level. What exactly would be a reasonable goal with a 35$ bankroll? I really want to play 4 tables or less, optimally 3 to play my best poker but with these low limits, im not sure if thats enough to turn a profit or not haha

any help from previous grinders would be huge for me

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I grind a little .01 .02 I would say yes you can make a good profit at 4 tables, but it's going to take longer to make up for the suckouts that happen to recover your money back on them .. But yes you can easily make a profit..

So example ..>> if you get AA and shove your $2.00 stack in against QQ and they hit trips .Well to recover that $2.00 loss is going to take longer on 4 tables then 16 tables.You might spend the next 2 hrs just getting back the $2.00 you lost to break even for the session.. Just my own opinion..:) Good luck.. once you win the money try not to give it up to bad showdown decisions.. Thats my biggest fault in cash games..I call them when they have it and fold when they are bluffing LOL....

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sat down with 2$ and after 40 min, walked away with 3$ haha but i guess a profit is a profit

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Job ,do that every day and in 10 days youll have another $30.00..Youll double your money..

M

mjnotf

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi mate,

I grinded my way up from $2NL and I am just about to move up to $25NL - As the other posters have said and Im sure you are aware, Its not a quick process.

Unfortunately I found it the hardest at $2NL because there are so many Kamikaze players. What I did was play across 4 tables, and once I had made $5 on top of what I had invested across the 4 tables, I would cash it out and open a table of $5NL, and 3 $2NL tables and so on so forth. If you play super tight ABC poker this shouldnt be too much of a problem. I would eventually end up with 4 $5NL tables open and therefore made the grind a little quicker.

Dont get me wrong, there was plenty of times when I would get sucked out on pretty bad and just end up grinding the $2NL - Or I would just play bad ha ha ha.

Hope this helps any.

Cheers,
Marc

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing at those limits at the moment, of course it is kind of a slow process but it isn't really hard to beat. You just need to be thinking fat value, let those fish pay off your big hands, and don't sweat a tough fold in a thin situation.

Don't worry either about the bad beats, now is the time you should be trying to prepare yourself mentally for when you get back to the stakes you used to be playing before. I think ALL IN CLUBS is trying to help but I'm not really sure about his advice, you shouldn't be thinking about the money UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES while you play (With the possible exception of leaving the table when you're up to 3 buyins, but that is up to you). You should just open HEM or PT or whatever, play your A-game and then be happy with the money you won. If you lost, then you can go and see where you were losing money (do this when you win also), were you getting it in good ? value betting correctly ? ...

Loosen up against fish (3-betting for value and isolating) and reconsider playing the hand you have when that nit raises UTG. Always have an eye on who is sitting at your table and don't hesitate in leaving a table when all the fish are gone.

For me multitabling is the easiest way to just forget about that bad play and refocus on the next hand, you should really start getting used to playing 4 tables, once you get used to it you'll be fine. I sincerely doubt I play better at one or two tables than I do at 4 or 5 (I'm up to 6 now which is just fine for me).

Not sure you're looking for strategy tips (you probably already understand what ABC is) but this helped me : Jurn8 micro grind series (watch episode one).

Siao

Siao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm currently grinding them as well trying to do the Ferguson $10,000 challenge. Some of the play I have encountered have taken my breath away and really make me consider stop playing altogether. I feel like I'm making the right plays, but all that comes from it is a NET loss constantly.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So example ..>> if you get AA and shove your $2.00 stack in against QQ and they hit trips .Well to recover that $2.00 loss is going to take longer on 4 tables then 16 tables

Not necessarily. You should be able to achieve a much bigger winrate over 4 tables than 16 tables

schnozzinkobenstein

schnozzinkobenstein

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not necessarily. You should be able to achieve a much bigger winrate over 4 tables than 16 tables

Per-table, your win rate is generally higher the less tables you play, but if you can successfully play 16 tables simultaneously, you're going to be making more money per hour than playing 4, which is what clubs was saying.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A major factor in how many tables you can handle is the style of play you bring to them. ABC poker makes it easier to keep up with more.

As for building your roll. it'll take time because while it's not very hard to achieve a decent win rate in terms of BB per 100 hands, it's not much money. For example, playing 50 hands per hour on one .01/.02 table and winning 10BB/100 is 10 or 20 cents per hour depending whether BB is big blinds or big bets

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
honestly, i find it just impossible haha...get it in with a set of 5's against ak and then running clubs so he sucks out with the flush....its just incredible lol

the rolls at 22.78 now, so im down like 12 dollars...its seriously just unbelieveable

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i took the idea of multitabling, and im at 40 $ in the bankroll lol so woo positive note

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
well i took the idea of multitabling, and im at 40 $ in the bankroll lol so woo positive note

Great job on increasing your BR, just make sure you keep playing tight and smart. Always remember to follow BRM, and GL. :D

S

sammyh27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol its hard grinding at such low stakes considering the most some1 is going to buy in with is a few dollars but if u wanna keep ur BR steady and slowly increase its not a bad idea

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just sit down with 2$ in the shallow .05/.10 game and hope to double up. Its working so far today and ive pushed my bankroll back up 20$. Also, im looking to get iron man this month haha so at .05/.10 its a little easier to do

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ended the night with 71.86 haha so i doubled up in one day...and i know thats bc im prob on a heater lol its all the same to me i suppose

A

arrytus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
35$?! that's a huge bankroll man. I would be at the .10/.25 no problem there. but most people would play SNG's and grind out a few wins until they double or triple up I suppose. I don't even mess with .01/.02. That's for people who are clearing bonuses, just want to see cards or waste some time, like retirees and people new to poker or on their weekend.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just sit down with 2$ in the shallow .05/.10 game and hope to double up. Its working so far today and ive pushed my bankroll back up 20$. Also, im looking to get iron man this month haha so at .05/.10 its a little easier to do

SS'ing is the worst way to increase a bankroll

35$?! that's a huge bankroll man. I would be at the .10/.25 no problem there. but most people would play SNG's and grind out a few wins until they double or triple up I suppose. I don't even mess with .01/.02. That's for people who are clearing bonuses, just want to see cards or waste some time, like retirees and people new to poker or on their weekend.

You could do with learning about BRM

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You must be joking? Playing $25NL with $35 is crazy!! Ignore this advice.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha yea i know, bad brm is what got me in this problem in the first place lol. I'm up to about 75 now so im trying out the .02/.05 rush on tilt and its pretty easy. got about 20 buy ins there so I'm covered haha

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
down to 56, so not so hot, but still playing the mini ftops 1 tonight so wish me luck haha

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
down to 56, so not so hot, but still playing the mini ftops 1 tonight so wish me luck haha

You seem to be having some pretty vicious swings. Post some hands in the appropriate section where you lost a buyin and you'll get some good advice.

B

billyth3kid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i took 10$ to 40$ in a month playin at those stakes and i wouldnt consider myself that good of a player... only thing i can say about those limits is DO NOT bluff!

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha yea ive realized that the hard way

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level