Grind Vs. Go BIG

M

Moonman610

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel like theres two philosophies for cash game play.
I tend to hate and misstrust any two pair set because of my past losses

But thats Why I tend to take the grinder approach....

I play bully quite well once established at a table... forcing min bets to see flops wel above the norm even if just a 15cent watever table online...

But If you are playing To win big do you take more chances? most people are very afraid of the all in pushes I feel. "Cant lose what you dont put in the middle mentality"

So which do you prefer is the question and why?

Do You drag the Big Pot once an hour as prescribed in the Movie Rounders...

Or do you just play players for players ...pot to pot... dump to win BIG...
Or keep the same strategy Overall...

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always feel like theres two philosophies for cash game play.
I tend to hate and misstrust any two pair set because of my past losses

But thats Why I tend to take the grinder approach....

I play bully quite well once established at a table... forcing min bets to see flops wel above the norm even if just a 15cent watever table online...

But If you are playing To win big do you take more chances? most people are very afraid of the all in pushes I feel. "Cant lose what you dont put in the middle mentality"

So which do you prefer is the question and why?

Do You drag the Big Pot once an hour as prescribed in the Movie Rounders...

Or do you just play players for players ...pot to pot... dump to win BIG...

It's table dependent for me. If I find a table that is overall aggro, I will give off the rock stats, stay out of the way early on show the big hands when I take it down pre. Then start mixing in some steals when I know I look strong with the bottom of my range. On MOST tables I play at I play the players. It's just those few aggro tables I feel the strategy I have works best in that particular setting.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree Its table dependent for me too ..I adjust my game based on the players .

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I try to keep same strategy, most EV line I can think of, so grinder attitude I guess? Obviously in my level trying is the keyword and execution varies both by mistakes and by mental state. Most people are afraid big pushes because they typically are for value and don't use it themselves because fish will call anything. But if you know the opponent, pushing him out of the pot surely is gold mine, then again so is calling overly happy pushers down more lightly. In general though, I would say that being the pusher Go Big (even too much but still not way too much) is more EV+.

Last edited: