Got 60$ what to do?

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got 60$ i can deposite at any site and play tournaments sit n goes you name it :) where should i take them and what should i play my game is HE ;) thanks for helping

Regardz,
Gis1239 :)

NobleTruths

NobleTruths

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, good bankroll managment (BRM) dictates, that you will be limited no matter where you go. I would recommend a site that has low buy-in tournies ($1 or less). Unfortunately, you will be frustrated by the caliber of play (lots of donk at low buy-ins because "it's only a dollar" mentality). However, you must endure this will building the BR to a point that allows your slow climb up the buy-in ladder.

I would also make sure that it is a site that has good freerolls, so you can help to raise your BR thru freerolls.

FTP and PS have rather weak freerolls, but many cheat buy-ins. bodog has great freerolls, but not as many low buy-ins. CarbonPoker is in the middle on both aspects. DoylesRoom has limited freerolls and mid-number of cheap buy-ins. Those are the only sites i play on currently.

All-in-all, i would recommend Bodog or Carbon. Just keep in mind that poor players exist everywhere, and you must endure. Play tight-and -aggressive, becuase you have limited room for bluffing with a small BR. Good luck

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
k thanks alot :) just wondering what about everest ?

Last edited:
NobleTruths

NobleTruths

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everest is not USA friendly. Cant help you there.

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok one last question :) gonna play at til but should i play 2+0.25 or 1+0.25

H

hoerb77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you deposit only 60 at fultilt - so you will waste a lot of possible bonus

So better deposit on pokerstars - they only have a small bonus

Or pokeroom - I like that room very much - has a good membership-system

starsmyle

starsmyle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would read some bankroll management blogs first and figure out where you want to play...........Minimum deposit on FT is 50 so if you really want that site that limits you to 10 on another site.
Because I like FT that would be my plan. So it really has to do with what site you like first. I good rule of thumb for building a bankroll is not to spend more than 5% on a game..do some sng's to build on what you have......gl to you :)

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thx for all the replies i will take it all into consideration will start in a couppel a days and wil try to update and maybe ask what goes wrong if it turn out ugly :)

Thanks alot

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were you I'd go with PokerStars, and use the CC signeup. Not only do you you get the deposit bonus, but I believe there's an additional $25 bonus if you get enough FPP's. That's pretty significant bonus for a small bankroll.

Not only that, but PokerStars has more options for the small bankroll, and their rake for the micro games is cheaper than Stars.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also keep in mind that as soon as you get 15 posts you can join our games, from an overlay POV, they can't be beat. We do have the Monday cheaproll, for a buck at Stars. This is the best deal in Pokerdom.

Playing our games gives you a large shot at a big headstart to a decent bankroll.

Please use our links;
Poker
Bonuses

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pokerstars, the reason well said by Zorba, DJ and SavagePenguin.

I like the play there better than at FT and cheaper rakes at Stars make a huge difference to your bankroll.

J

jadle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just obey the BR management rules, never play SnGs more than %5 of ur BR

timspade

timspade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I have never deposited on any site ( I freerool and bankroll build until I can WITHDRAW!).... but with that amount I would play and have played low limit ring games (sitting down with no more than 10% of BR at any table or tourny!) and $1-3 sngs. If you are a TAG I reccommend playing $5.00 (9-45) player sngs!

Good luck, HAVE FUN and be safe out there! :cool:

N

notevnifubeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also keep in mind that as soon as you get 15 posts you can join our games, from an overlay POV, they can't be beat. We do have the Monday cheaproll, for a buck at Stars. This is the best deal in Pokerdom.

Playing our games gives you a large shot at a big headstart to a decent bankroll.

Please use our links;
Poker
Bonuses

I agree that the CC games in particular the freerolls are well worth the effort... however I believe all may join regardless of the number of posts. 15 has been offered as a number that will get you the password in advance, but day of the tourney passwords for freerolls are posted.

I don't have bank at Stars so I must defer on paid entry CC games, is there a password that only the anointed may play?

TWiTCHaH

TWiTCHaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bodog is perfect for about $60. Alot of single table $2.20 tournaments, and some smaller tournaments that don't seem impossible to win.

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can't play on bodog don't know why it says that i can't connect to the site

niccollette

niccollette

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
one table sng's
buy-in determined by your strength-i would start at low levels and work your way up until you have mastered

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars, the reason well said by Zorba, DJ and SavagePenguin.

I like the play there better than at FT and cheaper rakes at Stars make a huge difference to your bankroll.

Agreed, add Adventure to that list, and me. Look to the Stars ... :D .

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, add Adventure to that list, and me. Look to the Stars ... :D .

Not if you want to play $1 SNGs. Those are raked at 20c, while you can get $1+.1 on other sites like everest.

The one big advantage of stars is the traffic, especially when you move to high stakes. This is totally irrelevant for a micro stakes player who will never have trouble finding a game at his stake.

N

notevnifubeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can't play on bodog don't know why it says that i can't connect to the site

Do you run spybot?... if so msg me and I will give you the fix to allow bodog to run... other than that what firewall program are you running, it's likely blocked?

Those are the first two places I'd look.