Getting max value when flopping the nuts in a multi way pot?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max cash game, 10nl holdem
I am in the BB with 43o
Utg limps, button calls, sb calls, i call
Flop - 4 3 3 OMG :) - sb checks, i check and so do the other 2 villains
Turn - Ace giving the spade flush draw - sb check i bet 1/3rd pot, they all call
River - 3, sb checks and i have no idea what to do. I bet full pot hoping one of them had an ace, they all folded.
Im this situation how would yu normally approach this hand, i checked flop thinking utg might bluff as he has a couple of times.
Turn i wanted to build the pot so bet small hoping they all called
River what bet size do i do, all draws have missed so maybe a small 1/4 may have got K high to call. Im not sure how likely it is for someone to even have an A with it being a 4 way limped pot. Let me know what you think guys :)

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max cash game, 10nl holdem
I am in the BB with 43o
Utg limps, button calls, sb calls, i call
Flop - 4 3 3 OMG :) - sb checks, i check and so do the other 2 villains
Turn - Ace giving the spade flush draw - sb check i bet 1/3rd pot, they all call
River - 3, sb checks and i have no idea what to do. I bet full pot hoping one of them had an ace, they all folded.
Im this situation how would yu normally approach this hand, i checked flop thinking utg might bluff as he has a couple of times.
Turn i wanted to build the pot so bet small hoping they all called
River what bet size do i do, all draws have missed so maybe a small 1/4 may have got K high to call. Im not sure how likely it is for someone to even have an A with it being a 4 way limped pot. Let me know what you think guys :)

You only going to get paid if one of your villians hits a hand. Once you get to the river, you will only get called by made hands, amd it is quite possible nobody had a strong hand to call a bet. This is why you want to start to build the pot as early as poossible.

Since it was a limped pot, leading out with a small bet 1/4 pot would help build the pot, and chances are they will not go away to a small flop bet. Bet small enough that your opponents will call and build the pot, but not big enough to scare anyone away.

This will make a much bigger pot on the turn, so now when you make your 1/3 pot bet and everyone calls the pot is quite larger then it would be checking the flop.

When it comes to the river, take a second and think about what hands they could have there, betting smaller invites calls from weaker pairs etc., but if you think its likely someone will call a big bet, there is no shame in trying.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah with a fh on the flop u wanna bet small on the flop and encourage the str chasers to stay in.

The river bet sizing is fine. An ace would have called or raised.

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mult pot always aggressive on the flop with top pair

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fake c bet check raise the turn for ultimate trap.....DO NOT check raise the flop...generally speaking.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fake c bet check raise the turn for ultimate trap.....DO NOT check raise the flop...generally speaking.
This could have been a good line to take for this situation. Except it's hard to continue a limp so I believe he just means to do a typical 1/4 pot bet like your stabbing at the pot out of position.