The Games at 2NL

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been practicing strict BRM in the past 6 months to the best of my ability.

But playing the .01/.02 tables I have noticed a lot. There seem to be a lot of regulars playing at the more lucrative tables. Usually when I sit down at a table (after putting myself on the waiting list) I end up sitting at a table with at least 4+ other regulars who are also multitabling what seems to be around 15 tables.

They all seem to play different but similar groups of styles, such as loose-passive/aggressive down to the extremely nitty bastards that just waste a seat.

When reviewing what I see at these tables it almost makes me think the .01/.02 is just full of almost bot like players pushing with AK/JJ+ and there might be more actual fish at the .05/.10 level.

I just wanted to know if this happens at all levels as you move to .5/.10 and upward or do the regulars and styles change as you move up?

Anyone else notice this or have an opinion on the subject?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) if u play enough at any limit, u will find some regulars
2)i think as u move up in stakes the play gets better, so i would still say that 2nl is fishier than 10nl and ofcourse, there will be regs

well done practising BRM, thats good to hear :)

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played quite a lot at 2NL, because whenever I cash out, I leave myself with $50, and 2NL is where I start. And believe me, it is A LOT fishier than NL10, I beat it for 17BB/100 16 tabling. Like Pantin said, there are regs at every level, and more of them the higher you go.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you 16 table at 2 NL?

What are your numbers and how do you play it to beat it so easily?

I just recently have moved to cash, and although I am showing a profit, I want to make it larger and more consistent.

The guys I see multitabling 16 tables are either limping into cheap/fairly priced pots all the time and just wait to hit big, or are playing exterrreeemly tight.

What works for you?

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you 16 table at 2 NL?

What are your numbers and how do you play it to beat it so easily?

I just recently have moved to cash, and although I am showing a profit, I want to make it larger and more consistent.

The guys I see multitabling 16 tables are either limping into cheap/fairly priced pots all the time and just wait to hit big, or are playing exterrreeemly tight.

What works for you?

I have not played NL2 for awhile now and I don't have my old database with all my stats, but I think I played something like 16/7/1.5. Yes that is pretty tight, but it works. The implied odds at this level are huge. People will stack off with mid pair type hands and draws. And limping into cheap/fairly priced pots isn't a bad idea.

H

hoerb77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at 1/2
you find all different styles at that tabls too

It always depends on the level and the room!

At the 1/2 cash at fulltilt are a lot of very skilled players
which have a lot of variation in there game
and which not raising a lot preflop

Top 10 Games