Game selection online

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been realizing just how important game selection is online...never gave it much thought before, just sat down at any open seat at the limits I wanted to play. Now I realize that the right game is crucial to sucess...how do you do decide which is the right game to sit and play? Anybody have any online game selection tevhniques?

M

mr_kommpa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the playerpool I think. In smaller playerpools you quickly get a sense of all the regs playing and try to sit down with some of the one tabling players.
In bigger playerpools I try to sit down with someone that had bought in for less than 100bb.
Great thread, will make sure to follow! :)

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should say I am referring to online play

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to really be into cash games, and I thought cash games were my thing. But I think that is more of when I play higher stakes live cash games. Something about live poker for me just seems to work better in the cash game scenarios. I mostly play tournaments online now because they seem to suit my play style better for online.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty standard is try to sit to the left of fishes and good regs. Then try to sit to the right of nits and rocks (in order to steal their blinds and steal the button from them).

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're talking about MMTs, check out the GTD tournaments and enter late if its already close to the money.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally i mainly stay with free roll tournaments. So regardless of what game it is I tend to go with that. since it is usually holdem no limit tend to go with that MTT that is coming up.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tourney guys, you are all banned for one weeks, sorry about that. I hope you understand that to keep the quality of this forum up this is necessary.

I used to put tables in order by players seeing the flop, then later with some more skill I started to put them in order of pot size. Later this came too laborsome because long lines to tables and when the table finally opened the fishes were gone.

So on last phase I just opened new table. The probability that new table gets the fishes is quite large, regs surely don't sit there.

Finally I realized table selection is the most boring part of the poker and changed my ass to zoom.

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty standard is try to sit to the left of fishes and good regs. Then try to sit to the right of nits and rocks (in order to steal their blinds and steal the button from them).

+1

Also remember to tag fish, maniacs and nits. That way you will quickly know which tables are good.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tourney guys, you are all banned for one weeks, sorry about that. I hope you understand that to keep the quality of this forum up this is necessary.

I used to put tables in order by players seeing the flop, then later with some more skill I started to put them in order of pot size. Later this came too laborsome because long lines to tables and when the table finally opened the fishes were gone.

So on last phase I just opened new table. The probability that new table gets the fishes is quite large, regs surely don't sit there.

Finally I realized table selection is the most boring part of the poker and changed my ass to zoom.

The other option is just exploit everyone :).

Play fish its more variance
Play regs its less variance

K

Kosign

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can change your options for table selection on most pokersites.
Taking the most popular PS. Go into the selection section for what you want.
For starters have your main selection as VPIP. If it's over 40% take a seat. As it means on average everyone is playing over 40% of their hands. Which is a sure fire indication that there are a number of fish at the table.
That's a good start at the small stakes buddy.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game selection is crucial to being successful,,,their is always a better game to play,,i say to myself,,factor in cost versus payout,,,how large the field is,,,get the best % of payouts vs players,,,all that stuff,,,after all,it`s `your` $. :cool:

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table selection is one of the most important things in poker. I use some software for this. For example, table scanner 2 from hm2, or table scan turbo.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can change your options for table selection on most pokersites.
Taking the most popular PS. Go into the selection section for what you want.
For starters have your main selection as VPIP. If it's over 40% take a seat. As it means on average everyone is playing over 40% of their hands. Which is a sure fire indication that there are a number of fish at the table.
That's a good start at the small stakes buddy.
Why would you want to play with 4-5 players in every hand? How does that help you? Sounds like a nitemare to me,,,betting and nobody folds,,,lol. (jus sayin) :deal:

K

Kosign

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to be playing against players that will be calling every st with mid pair.
I will still be playing TAG. It works for me.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to be playing against players that will be calling every st with mid pair.
I will still be playing TAG. It works for me.
And that`s all that matters,,you win,,good to hear:D

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
INGLÉS
In the online game I have done very well and won a couple of dollars, my strategy is to play passively and wait for other players to call, but I almost do not play because I prefer free freerolls where with a good strategy and a good style of Game you can make a lot of money without any investment

Top 10 Games