Gain Confidence in Your Game by Playing Classic Poker

imredee

imredee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m sure that all of us have watched the WSOP and WPT events on television and come away with some new found appreciation for the game. You learn a lot and it makes you want to play like the Big Boys. A few weeks ago I watched the Maverick movie. It centers around (very loosely) a Hugh Poker Event. It is based on an old TV series of the same name that starred James Garner, Roger Moore, ack Kelly and Poker from time to time. I also found a few re-runs of the TV series on cable. Both the movie and the series are worth watching because they show old school Poker, or what Doyle Brunson calls Classic Poker. Daniel Negreanu plays and teaches something similar. He calls it little ball Poker. In both cases it is very different and a contrast to the NLHE mentality of bluff, aggression and All-In calls at Every Flop, River or Turn. Try it. If done right you will like it. It really makes you a more confident player but it isn't easy. You have to practice it and constantly change up your game. Keep the rest of the table guessing. Finesse your way through a tournament. Look to maximize those good hands. Smooth call. Use the aggressiveness of another player against them instead of confronting and tilting with all in moves. It’s another way to enjoy the time you spend playing poker. Confidence built on a solid foundation can only help your game and your finishes.

Top 10 Games