FOLDING QQ IN SMALL BLIND? AM I CRAZY?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been reviewing hands in small blind. Anyway QQ I’m barley breaking even. At the point now feel like I’d be safer folding....Thoughts? I do try to squeeze. Still get callers.what is a good squeeze size?

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i got qq or better im only here fer the fun

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you going all in preflop with them a lot? I suggest to push out most preflop but to wait for flop before making any significant bets. Its hard to remember QQ when A or K in on the board isnt great. If u get called before turn its likely they have. Of course cash game vs tourney vs zone/boost poker all Merritt different answers.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ should be a profitable hand from any position and if it isn't you probably are not playing well or have too small a sample size. (or both)

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already had to give up QQ several times, either because I left A, K, on the flop, flushdraw and straightdraw on the table etc. There are several situations that complicate our decisions and above all, they can take us out of the tournament.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's because of that feeling you get when you see pocket aces kings queens Etc. In the back of your mind you almost feel like you already won and then start to panic when you feel like somebody might have something better. I had to start thinking of them in the same way I think of lower pocket pairs. I am very rarely going all-in pre-flop. And when I do it's usually because I'm calling someone else. Think of it like a good start. Like an edge nothing more

D

Damian Air

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've folded AA in similar circumstances in an MTT in the early stages when it became a multi pot. I bubbled & cashed out of 19,000 on a freeroll.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wild gues is to small sample size. What it is?

Should improve postflop game with QQ, (I gues then overcard hits). Post some already pleyd hands (bigest losess in 3bet and SR pots).

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if you're not going to call/raise with QQ then why even play?

You should always push with strong hands, there's no reason not to.

Folding in Poker