Folding KK post-flop

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe it, and I've never done it before, but yesterday I was playing a cash table, and I caught pocket Ks in the BB. Two players limp to me, so I 3bet them, The flop is with one A. The first player checks, and the second one makes a 3bet, and I just flat call to see the turn. The other player folds. It's another A. Then the other player bets the pot, which is over half my stack. Well I folded the Ks and felt like I made the right play. What is your opinion?

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without additional information, you probably folded correctly. The only way you'd know is to ask the player or observe their play to get a feel for how much they bluff. That being said, if the table was micro stakes, he probably had an A. If the table was 1-2 or higher, their bluff % goes up.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably correct fold

lately in a tournament i folded AA post flop and was right with it . guy turned 2 pair which i put him on . if he didnt lie of course . but with my bad luck i believe him of course

Z

zyntsz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly a good decision. It is likely that they hold Ace but it can also be a bluff. If you don't want to risk it, then you made the right choice.

Once, I was in the same position with pocked kings. The flop contained one Ace. I 4-bet and opponent calls. The turn comes and I raise, he re-raises. I thought that he may have one ace but still I went all-in just to test if I was correct or not and woolah to no one's surprise he had an ace.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Correct fold, 3 way pot and there a lot of Ax in other players range, he raised flop with A on it which is a big indicator too in my opinion. Only you didnt describe hand pretty well because I dont understand what u mean by 3betting flop.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think its fine

The he either had the A in his hand or maybe connected a fullhouse on the turn holding a pocket pair

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. I want everyone to know that I read every one of these replies. I was on a bad downswing for a few days, so sure didn't catch anything to make a good fold with LOL Anyway, GL you all

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check-Call on the flop, after 3-bets in position pre-flop, says that A scared you (Slowplay is out of place here).
The fact that after the A on the turn op in position made a bet of more than half of the effective stack to indicate that he is gaining. The pot odds are unlikely to be good here for the call to be profitable.
Fold is the best solution. Better yet, fold the flop, especially if your opponent is tight.
Of course, if these are micro-stakes.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold, a lot of A+crap limpers, 3 bet pre-flop depending on the game/stakes won't get these guys away.

Also depending on the game, i might have bet more pre-flop to weed out some really bad hands, because these days a 3BB isn't enough. being in BB yourself others might just think you're trying to get them out.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded kings often when an Ace flops or comes on the turn and the pot is already inflated. I did fold kings incorrectly though the only wsop event i ever played. I opened and he flatted. There was an ace on flop but I led out, he raised me. I was so frustrated that I folded and showed my Kings. He showed me queens and I felt sick to my stomach. Still was able to cash the event but that one hurt.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the other players don't go all in, I stick around in the hope for a third K even if there is an A on the board.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. You know what? I'm glad to see you all would make the same move. I know you were sick myquickwit. You know what, and I know I'm not the only one, and this would be pre-flop. I look down and have KK. The first thing I think is that if I lose with them, oh well. But there is another thing. As we all know, when you have KK, someone will have AA, and it always end up all in. Well GL you all

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if its an important game definetely any card should be folded pre flop if it feels like that. even aces.my two cents on this...

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good fold. It is something very difficult to do the truth, personally I think about it 1 million times to fold a KK, if it is a freeroll I will not withdraw, but if it is a cash tournament, I think I would think about it to do it. Your decision seemed correct to me. Regards.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you two. It is a hard fold, but it's worth it if all in would knock me out of a big MTT. Yeah, if it's a freeroll, I would probably be all in pre-flop. And it is a fact, most of the time, we run into AA. GL you all

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have made the right decision

That's a tough one, he might have been bluffing too or he might have had the Ace. We never know. May be you have made the right decision

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough call, live to fight another day. Next time you'll be the aggressor, and they'll be the caller. Never want to be the caller.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe it, and I've never done it before, but yesterday I was playing a cash table, and I caught pocket Ks in the BB. Two players limp to me, so I 3bet them, The flop is with one A. The first player checks, and the second one makes a 3bet, and I just flat call to see the turn. The other player folds. It's another A. Then the other player bets the pot, which is over half my stack. Well I folded the Ks and felt like I made the right play. What is your opinion?
Seems your decision was right, but in any case, we cannot exclude a bluff on the part of the opponent, seeing A + A. But it seems to me that, according to mathematical calculations, folding was a good solution.

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know. When i had an ace i should have problably the wining hand and should check and see what you are going to do. I think it was a bluff.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all, and I think that's important because I would want someone to read my replies to their tread. For the past few days, I've made other folds that I thought were good folds. However, with me on a downswing, I have to really tighten up. Anyway, GL to you all

Folding in Poker