Hero raises to 15c.
Villain re-raises to 42c.
Hero calls 27c.

Flop [3h, 2d, 8c]
Villain checks.
Hero bets 56c.
Villain raises to 1.54c.
Hero folds.

I know the preflop cold call with KK was dodgy and maybe should have either shoved or folded but thought he could have AK or something similar. I think I wanted to play for a smallish pot to reduce possible losses.

The reason I folded the flop was because after I had bet, his 3-bet was instant and large like he was not afraid of anything. So adding to the action pre-flop it seemed to say he had aces.

I dont think jacks, queens or AK would play as aggressively.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd just shoved pre because there are too many hand combos including kings he would be doing that with to fold the second best hand pre all of hold'em also you still beat aces 20% of the time. Bad call after he 4 bets you. Bad bet post flop. My opinion.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is just as likely Villain has QQ as AA. So unless you were playing very deepstack, I think you have to get your chips in on the flop in a cash game. With that being said I have folded KK preflop to this kind of action. good luck.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't know if that was a good fold or not. Was the villain a tight player? What if the villain did that with QQ into your raise? Before the flop when villain made it 42c you should have folded if you thought he had AA. I would have gone all in or fold when villain made it 42c. That is how I would have played the hand.

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is just as likely Villain has QQ as AA. So unless you were playing very deepstack, I think you have to get your chips in on the flop in a cash game. With that being said I have folded KK preflop to this kind of action. good luck.
yes forgot to mention we were both about 200BBs deep at the start of the hand.

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if that was a good fold or not. Was the villain a tight player? What if the villain did that with QQ into your raise? Before the flop when villain made it 42c you should have folded if you thought he had AA. I would have gone all in or fold when villain made it 42c. That is how I would have played the hand.
Villain was unknown. I wasn't sure though since people don't normally 4 bet queens in the micros.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you remain on the table against the same player at some point will reveal his game and you will know if they were pocket aces or a bluff with A-K:stupido:

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove pre all day long ..... KK too strong ... Your only losing to AA....as said even against AA 18% suck out value.

At 1/2c tables .... all about the value if your not shoving KK pre to a re-raise then your all in range is AA......and your restricting your opponents range to.......AA??.

Find the gamble ... even with the nits that play zoom most of the time allin = AK lol...gl:D

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at this level of money i´m with u. I wwould have fold too.

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol.......@ these stakes does it even matter what he has???? I mean seriously....you have KK. Try being on a 1/3 game with a deepstack of 350$ and your opponent having you covered with 550. In a live setting you can get a "good read" and having a "good feeling" that opponent has AA. Plus if there deep stacked it makes a world of a difference but for ****ing 5 cents come on now lollolol.

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At those stakes in zoom, you have to call.

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a bad fold, in my opinion, there is a lot of things he could have especially in the micros you should just get all your chips in.
If you're always afraid of the only hand that dominates your hand you will miss out on a lot of money.
If you felt he had AA why did you flat, if you call the 4 bet you should always go all in on the flop with KK.
Lets say his range is AA, KK, AK, AK Suited it is +ev to call the bet on the flop or go all in.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think I have ever folded KK before but I really rarely get AA vs KK for some reason in all the games I have played I have only come across it four times - twice with KK and twice with AA. And one of the times with KK I realized the player had AA but was pot committed after 3 betting big with a bunch of players in the pot and the guys with AA shoving over the top with only 20-30$ more and over 300$ dollars in the pot.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not necessarily he had an AA...
I think there was a couple or AK... I would not have dropped KK...
higher than me - you also have been advised a lot... choose advice and play on...))) good luck)
:fight:

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think the fold is bad, He can easily have QQ JJ 1010 99 In his hand maybe bluffs like AQ AK AJ aswell.

I also wonder why you decided to call his raise and not just go all-in?
Maybe he had a hand like A8 or 8K suited and decided to donk it off what happens a lot in those small cashgames. I'm not saying he never has AA there but he has more lower pocket pairs than you or bluffs than he has AA.

imo btw.

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash Game 1c/2c - Pokerstars Zoom 9 handed

Villain at UTG raises to 4c.
Folds to Hero on the button with KK.

Hero raises to 15c.
Villain re-raises to 42c.
Hero calls 27c.

Flop [3h, 2d, 8c]
Villain checks.
Hero bets 56c.
Villain raises to 1.54c.
Hero folds.

I know the preflop cold call with KK was dodgy and maybe should have either shoved or folded but thought he could have AK or something similar. I think I wanted to play for a smallish pot to reduce possible losses.

The reason I folded the flop was because after I had bet, his 3-bet was instant and large like he was not afraid of anything. So adding to the action pre-flop it seemed to say he had aces.

I dont think jacks, queens or AK would play as aggressively.
I think he play that JJ,QQ,AK,because these is not big stakes cash poker,so there are so many bad players and i see a lot of players on mini stakes what do with 99+,when they see pair they are unstopable,so KK on small stakes cant fold like that because you losse only from AA,so you must push preflop KK if you be 3bet or 4bet,on bigger stakes you can play a little slow,on small stakes KK cant fold.....

T

thisantos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK to AA

Every time this happens in zoom, but KK anytime I do not let go. If you find AA congratulations to opponent

Last edited:
L

Lezaleas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre is the biggest mistake. Either we think that our player population mostly only 4bets KK+ and we can fold, or we think they can have a decent amount of QQ, AK combos and we can profitably shove. Flatting serves no purpose at all. Yes, it "minimizes loses" in a way, but that's just an illogical way of thinking, we only need to be concerned abort the long term ev of our play.

Flop, I don't like folding at all, again it depends a lot on population tendencies, but here villain could be easily shoving QQ as well (from his point of view, we can't have KK or AA)

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove KK on a micro table every time. Especially if villain is unknown. Only 1 hand is beating you pre.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just shove pre. So what if you run into AA. No shame in that.
The way played before the flop he's gonna be aggro no matter what on that low card flop. If you are gonna be weak after the flop just shove pre.

When you should get angry is when villain calls you with junk he should not be calling with and beats your KK. I've had guys call shoves with some weird J3 suited type combos and win.

Again, if you run into AA, so be it. Get all the chips in the middle preflop.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold kk. The amount of times you run into AA is too little to fear

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think I have ever folded KK before but I really rarely get AA vs KK for some reason in all the games I have played I have only come across it four times - twice with KK and twice with AA. And one of the times with KK I realized the player had AA but was pot committed after 3 betting big with a bunch of players in the pot and the guys with AA shoving over the top with only 20-30$ more and over 300$ dollars in the pot.

ooooo and you play on ACR? VERY curious indeed..LOL Lucky you:D

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom at these stakes is a shove pre 100% of the time.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not have folded. I think there are too many hands you beat. Only hand that beats you is AA. Everything else you are crushing. I understand that a set or two pair would also beat you but I would highly doubt those hands would have played that way preflop.

I would have kept shoved instead of called pre-flop.

grindmylifeaway

grindmylifeaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would also shove pre - depending on if you have info on the player or not in your hud could help with those types of decisions as far as knowing their range goes but in those spots with a premium hand like KK I would most def shove pre-flop

Folding in Poker