Button with AK A of diamonds.
3 bet pre flop two callers.

FLOP 2JQ diamonds. Checks around.
Turn 10 diamonds.
Guy leads out small.
Middle position raises.
I call. Other player folds.
River 9 diamonds.
Bets out $60 into $200 pot at this point.
Decided to fold. No way he was good enough to pull off a bluff in that spot. Thoughts?
Was pretty disgusted...

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont hink he was bluffing at all. So you were afraid of the straigh flush, but could he not have loads of straights and flushes and possible sets himself that would also bet small here?

call 60 in a (now) 260 pot, is there any reason you have - tells or other SD hands - that let you know he is only betting here with the stone cold nutz?

Unless I have info on him telling me otherwise, I am calling.

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
totally too tight! sets other flushes like Kd are possible to bet small here and the straight flush is while possible still very uncommon to not think he'd bet other hands

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont hink he was bluffing at all. So you were afraid of the straigh flush, but could he not have loads of straights and flushes and possible sets himself that would also bet small here?

call 60 in a (now) 260 pot, is there any reason you have - tells or other SD hands - that let you know he is only betting here with the stone cold nutz?

Unless I have info on him telling me otherwise, I am calling.

Dude played trash all night 4 10 hearts, K 5 os.felt nitty folding, dollar saved is a dollar earned at end of year. Did say he had it...Coolhand none of the less

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dangerous bet to take, but I find that a bit too tight.. I mean, it looks like it's early in the tournament.. odds of a straight flush are low here.. with 5 diamonds on the board, he was in position to try a steal of a chop pot, trying to make YOU believe he had the nut flush... I think he missed his shot on the reading and was putting you on a set on a lucky straight before the river..

60$, snap call on that for my part..

-TRP-

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only vague possible reason for folding here is if you are afraid for your poker life and by that I mean you're playing with your entire bankroll and this would have put you all-in). The reason why that could possibly be legit is because if he had trips or two pair there is a chance he could boat the river in which case you'd be out your entire bankroll.
But 99% of the time you should make that call.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a very tight fold. You only lose to two cards.. K of diamonds and 8 of diamonds

The way the board ran out, you could assume the K of diamonds in your opponents range, but I think this is a snap call. Not a fold

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have had to call him like the others said. If you lose then . so be it. Still remember the time I was playing poker with a group of friends. I hit 4 Kings and thought I had the pot for sure............ until my friend at the table laid down 4 ACES !!!! You win some...... you lose some. That is the game of poker.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, you cash game players are a strange lot anyhoo, but seems like you have to pay this one off.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that case I would lose a lot of money I do not think I fold that hand I understand your concern that the villain has a straigh flush but I think I would have taken the risk

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every day we learn something new, and folding big hands is one of the most difficult activities to do. Congratulations.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
disgusting when u have to fold something sim happened to me had aces made a boat guy shove i call he had quads

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you want to be angry or right? Well, both.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a tough call, with a super wet board. His bet says he got a straight flush. So good fold.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a tough call, with a super wet board. His bet says he got a straight flush. So good fold.

Thanks, noticed that 50% call 50% roughly to fold based on the responses replied. Crazy spot. Would be nice if there was a pocket camera. Haha

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, thats a tuff spot.. If you know you are beat folding is the correct play. He prob had the straight flush there. The other day i was at final table with 3 left had the chip lead and i had QJ and flopped nut straight Q high ....river was Q and the 2nd large stack jammed 600k into 240k pot and i knew he couldn't do that unless he had KJ i made the call knowing i was beat and lost the hand and was short stack. Any time you think you need to fold just do it!

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. We are not always going to be right but to know you can make the big lay down is to know you can go far.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, thats a tuff spot.. If you know you are beat folding is the correct play. He prob had the straight flush there. The other day i was at final table with 3 left had the chip lead and i had QJ and flopped nut straight Q high ....river was Q and the 2nd large stack jammed 600k into 240k pot and i knew he couldn't do that unless he had KJ i made the call knowing i was beat and lost the hand and was short stack. Any time you think you need to fold just do it!

Fold button is always there, can be tough to hit. Part of the game that’s not talked about enough like putting in golf

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Turn 10 diamonds.
Guy leads out small.
Middle position raises.
River 9 diamonds.
Decided to fold. No way he was good enough to pull off a bluff in that spot. Thoughts?
Was pretty disgusted...
I don't hand it in me to fold such a hand. Might be why I'm not a profitable player. I would of called Never raising. You don't by chance know if you made the right call?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't hand it in me to fold such a hand. Might be why I'm not a profitable player. I would of called Never raising. You don't by chance know if you made the right call?

He said he had it ...didn’t show o well. Try not to dwell on it

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Turn 10 diamonds.
Guy leads out small.
Middle position raises.
River 9 diamonds.
Was pretty disgusted...

Man congrats, I don't think I would have had the nerves to fold it, eventhough it is a right move here..

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Small enough bet to call not fold

Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker