T

ThanJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All right guys I need some help on this one:
PLO 100 table both players have 100 bb

Holding qqj10ss spades on the button I get raised pot by villain UTG and reraise pot with position. Villain calls, flop comes Q32 with two clubs. Villain bets 6 and i pot with my top set. He comes over the top with another pot sized bet effectively committing me.
I have been playing with him for a while and know that it is likely he has a wrap and a flush draw, meaning I'm a big dog in the hand.
Club hits the river and i bust.
Is there anyway i can get away from this? Or at least avoid being committed and getting stacked on the turn?

All right guys i need some help on this one:
PLO $0.5/$1
hero and villain each have 100bb

Villain raises pot from cut off and i reraise pot with QQJ10ds on the button. Villain calls.
Flop comes Q32 with two clubs. Villain bets 6 and i pot with top set. Villain then reraises pot effectively committing me. I know him as a pretty solid player and i put him (correctly) on a wrap and a FD I shove anyway, club hits the river and i get stacked.
How could i have played this better? Is there any way for me to find a fold with top set if i know i am behind on equity? Should i play the pot smaller?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this hand plays itself. You have the nuts and although your opponent may be a favorite in the hand, you have committed yourself with the preflop action followed by the action on the flop. You just have to hope they miss their draws.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain bets 6 and i pot with top set. Villain then reraises pot effectively committing me.

I correctly understood that you made a raise, after the bet of the villain? Perhaps you were quick to sharply raise the bank to the river. Omaha is unpredictable, you should always be prepared for this. Even if you have to throw away your top set.

T

tomku2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding top set becomes a big thing in Omaha separates the casuals from the pros

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't fold the top set you have him covered with redraws. Though if this is just cash game. Omaha is such a sick game where you can fold the nut straight or nut set and still be BEHIND in the hand. If it is an MTT become inactive to ICM in Omaha MTTs is ideal since the game is uber dangerous. Also 150 buy ins minimum to handle the huge down swings and regular swings.

T

ThanJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I correctly understood that you made a raise, after the bet of the villain? Perhaps you were quick to sharply raise the bank to the river. Omaha is unpredictable, you should always be prepared for this. Even if you have to throw away your top set.

I think you are right here, maybe next time i can flat the flop and fold a big bet on the turn. Thanks!

Folding in Poker