• Start date
starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have recently got back into online poker and I might start a thread about that soon but first what are your thoughts on this hand? I cannot exactly remember how the action went pre flop it was either limped or min raised

The game is 4nl and the two players in the hand are total unknowns. I do have tags on most regs so I am confident they are more likely recreational players.

Hero holds

:jd4::10d4:

Flop

:jc4::as4::7d4:
Villain A min bet 4p
Villain B calls 4p
Hero calls 4p

Turn

:kd4:
Villain A checks
Villain B min bets 4p
Hero calls
Villain A min raises to 8p
Villain B calls
Hero calls

River

:4d4:

Now the pot is about 50p

Villain A shoves about 300p
Villain B calls the rest of their stack of 270p
Hero???

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
oh man, tough spot, but I have to fold in this spot because with 2 players already so sure that they are ahead of any flush then maybe my J high flush is not good anymore

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
An interesting board and villains are betting rather aggressively, considering the flush potential. Two players (hero and 1 villain) chasing a flush is possible, but very unlikely to have three. The first bet on the flop suggests to me that V#1 or V#2 has at least an Ace, or possibly a straight draw (open-ended). You were right to call with your backdoor flush and straight draws. The turn betting is interesting with the check-raise - and then you and the other villain calling. At this point, I figure you are behind one or both villains with just your pair of JJ. The others are possibly on pocket AA and KK, or QT. Are you getting the right odds to call on the turn?
Now, on the river, both villains shove. There is a lot in this pot, and you are facing a villain (or two) who could have a bigger flush - the A or Q of diamonds. Is it possible they were both chasing a flush, the same as you? Anything is possible, but not likely. My money is on two players with Trips - AAA vs KKK, or maybe a straight. I am calling this one.
Here's hoping you share the outcome with us.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call

I would call because he could be shoving ONE A or even AK I wouldn't fold in my hand

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call, there are possible hands of straight, set, weaker flush, and with two players all-in, you were getting good pot odd for your money. Plus this is holdem, not omaha, folding a winning hand is a disaster here. If you were facing a better flush, that is doomed to lose.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would have called in this spot. villains can have lots of hands that are are losing to your flush like a minor flush, a straight, a set or even two pairs so i think you will be ahead most of the time even against 2 players. you also have to consider that the diamonds come on the turn and river so no one was drawing for a flush on the flop so its unlikely that villains have a flush in this scenario.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all!
It's hard to fold a flush, I would call

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good few guesss now so the results are at the bottom of this post. I decided I did not have enough reads on the players to make the call. Betting 6x the pot is a bizarre bet size and I do not see a great many bluff shoves at the micros. Then villain B calling this bet with another player to act behind is an even bigger act of strength so I could only base my decision on the perception of strength and so made the fold.

Villain A showed :ac4::ks4: for two pair and the win

Villain B showed :ah4::jh4: for two pair

I really did not know what to think after that. I would like to think villain A somehow turned their hand into a bluff to try and get medium flushes and straights to fold. However this is 4nl so I think the more realistic thought process was lols I have top two and do not want to check and face a decsion, lols I shove.

All I could do was make suitable notes on them both and move on.

Who says online poker is dead?

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have recently got back into online poker and I might start a thread about that soon but first what are your thoughts on this hand? I cannot exactly remember how the action went pre flop it was either limped or min raised

The game is 4nl and the two players in the hand are total unknowns. I do have tags on most regs so I am confident they are more likely recreational players.

Hero holds

Flop

Villain A min bet 4p
Villain B calls 4p
Hero calls 4p

Turn

Villain A checks
Villain B min bets 4p
Hero calls
Villain B calls
Hero calls

River

Now the pot is about 50p

Hero???

Thank you for posting

The key point to this is the Villains can have a nut flush here as well as a flopped pair as the A is black.

As played on turn V A or B can have AQdd or Axdd we are blocking the Qxdd check raises that make sense but not any of the bad play Axd Qxd check raises.

This board has straights on the turn vs solid players I would exclude them vs this action.
But can we vs this skill level?

Standard V 3 way expect someone to have a flush on this board so why are 2 players playing as if you cannot have it?
Flushes are the easiest runouts to see.

The shove on the river does not look like a nut flush value shove the call by V b on the flop does not look like pair plus nut flush draw. The problem is we have JTdd if there is a flush worse it is 9xdd and that does not play flop or turn like this.

I think I fold this hand as I get to see the results and then tag these 2 and find them everyday and play them if I folded the best hand.

Hope this helps
:):)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Wow ! It was a real tough decision to make on the river. But I think the fold was the right thing to do. You only had the 3rd nuts there and the 2 shoves meant at least one possible flush. The other important factor is that you had no info on both villains, now you do...

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the better player folds. But I call, basically I don't make a flush very often and I've folded winning hands so many times (Lesser hands than flushes but still winning). Thanks for posting the result.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
On the river, I would have called. It's hard to expect a flush from Villain, judging by the stakes, everyone was hooked on the A of the most likely, but I would have folded earlier if I had a tight raise from Villain.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think i would have to fold it..
though spot there but i would believe one of them has a better flush than you even though its a super hard fold it's a correct fold

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An interesting board and villains are betting rather aggressively, considering the flush potential. Two players (hero and 1 villain) chasing a flush is possible, but very unlikely to have three. The first bet on the flop suggests to me that V#1 or V#2 has at least an Ace, or possibly a straight draw (open-ended). You were right to call with your backdoor flush and straight draws. The turn betting is interesting with the check-raise - and then you and the other villain calling. At this point, I figure you are behind one or both villains with just your pair of JJ. The others are possibly on pocket AA and KK, or QT. Are you getting the right odds to call on the turn?
Now, on the river, both villains shove. There is a lot in this pot, and you are facing a villain (or two) who could have a bigger flush - the A or Q of diamonds. Is it possible they were both chasing a flush, the same as you? Anything is possible, but not likely. My money is on two players with Trips - AAA vs KKK, or maybe a straight. I am calling this one.
Here's hoping you share the outcome with us.

Ditto

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought at least one opponent could have a flush or an ace of diamonds that blocks a high flush. Rainbow flop reassured the players, everyone considered their hand the best. Perhaps that's why none of the opponents even suggested the presence of a flush on the river. When you showed the cards at the showdown, it is safe to assume that the first player drew a flush on the river, and the second player did not believe him. Each of them did not want to fold. The best hand changed on each of the streets and the situation was unstable. So I would prefer to fold the JT on the turn after the check-raise. Excessive aggression sometimes makes the best hands give up.

Last edited:
skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have no information from them, I think the path is check/fold, because with two over cards on the table, with flush... any bet by value beats you.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's strange, but you can't fold an unambiguous call here.
If you fold, then it's better to fold preflop.

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't resist and would have called. Because throwing a flush is very hard, because the opponents have many weaker hands and will pay you!

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very difficult spot. The only thing that would give me a slight tendency to call: I would be surprised if Villain A had an A-high flush, because of his turn move. Therefore, I would tend to call, however as said by others really difficult because of the bet size and the 3-way pot.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would call but ONLY because in the micros people are very capable of overvaluing hands.

Your hand is very strong and there are many 'strong' two pairs and straights possible for opponents.

Often plays in smaller stakes won't notice backdoor flush draws or take them seriously... so I think I'd make a crying call here and hope for the best.

A

AcesUp1439

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be a hard fold but with 2 players ahead of you all in and you only having J high flush.. i would say your beat so fold it is for me

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hero holds

Flop

Villain A min bet 4p
Villain B calls 4p
Hero calls 4p

Turn

Villain A checks
Villain B min bets 4p
Hero calls
Villain B calls
Hero calls

River

Now the pot is about 50p

Hero???

Backdoor flush - you are very likely good !

If it was a frontdoor flush then I might fold.

Unfortunately I pay off a lot of backdoor flushes!!

Folding in Poker